Blog: Murray - made in Scotland from girders
James Wilmore | 12 September 2012
Irn-Bru makers AG Barr enjoyed some great free PR after Andy Murray's epic win at the US Open this week.
The mighty Scotsman was snapped drinking a bottle of Scotland's most famous soft drink following his five-set defeat of Novak Djokovic. And the Daily Record even reported he turned down other drinks later, in favour of more Irn-Bru.
Murray is famously proud of his homeland, so it's perhaps no surprise he used the opportunity to promote one its most recognisable brands.
I wonder whether execs at Barr's potential future partners, Britvic, enjoyed a wry smile at the coverage too?
(Incidentally, Britvic used to sponsor Murray through its Robinsons brand.)
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends