Blog: Muhtar Kent and the US$21.6m price of leadership
Andy Morton | 1 March 2013
It was a good 2012 for Muhtar Kent, who was paid US$21.6m for his position at the helm of The Coca-Cola Co, according to AP today (1 March).
It was $400,000 more than he got the year before, AP said, mainly because of the increase in basic salary Coca-Cola furnished him with. Perhaps the company knows just how tough it must be to run a soft drinks company these days, with pressures over obesity issues increasing and sugar prices ruining margins.
For that sort of pay packet, though, I'm sure there's a few people out there who'd be willing to give it a go.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends