Blog: Mr Woods gets an unwanted Boost
Olly Wehring | 8 June 2007
A man has sued the makers of a health drink, claiming the vitamin-enriched beverage gave him an erection that would not abate.
This week, the, aptly-named Mr Woods claimed that, after drinking Novartis' Boost Plus, he awoke the next morning “with an erection that would not subside”.
He was then forced to undergo surgery for severe priapism, which involves implanting something called a 'winter shunt', which (hear me out) moves blood from one area of the body to another. It doesn't bear thinking about really, does it?
Novartis continues to promote its Boost Plus drink as “a great-tasting, high-calorie, nutritionally complete oral supplement for people who require extra energy and protein in a limited volume.” The evidence is in the tasting, apparently.
Stay tuned for all the best stories at just-drinks. But don't let us keep you up all night.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015