Blog: Mr Woods gets an unwanted Boost
Olly Wehring | 8 June 2007
A man has sued the makers of a health drink, claiming the vitamin-enriched beverage gave him an erection that would not abate.
This week, the, aptly-named Mr Woods claimed that, after drinking Novartis' Boost Plus, he awoke the next morning “with an erection that would not subside”.
He was then forced to undergo surgery for severe priapism, which involves implanting something called a 'winter shunt', which (hear me out) moves blood from one area of the body to another. It doesn't bear thinking about really, does it?
Novartis continues to promote its Boost Plus drink as “a great-tasting, high-calorie, nutritionally complete oral supplement for people who require extra energy and protein in a limited volume.” The evidence is in the tasting, apparently.
Stay tuned for all the best stories at just-drinks. But don't let us keep you up all night.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends