Blog: Mr Woods gets an unwanted Boost
Olly Wehring | 8 June 2007
A man has sued the makers of a health drink, claiming the vitamin-enriched beverage gave him an erection that would not abate.
This week, the, aptly-named Mr Woods claimed that, after drinking Novartis' Boost Plus, he awoke the next morning “with an erection that would not subside”.
He was then forced to undergo surgery for severe priapism, which involves implanting something called a 'winter shunt', which (hear me out) moves blood from one area of the body to another. It doesn't bear thinking about really, does it?
Novartis continues to promote its Boost Plus drink as “a great-tasting, high-calorie, nutritionally complete oral supplement for people who require extra energy and protein in a limited volume.” The evidence is in the tasting, apparently.
Stay tuned for all the best stories at just-drinks. But don't let us keep you up all night.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research