Blog: Mr Woods gets an unwanted Boost
Olly Wehring | 8 June 2007
A man has sued the makers of a health drink, claiming the vitamin-enriched beverage gave him an erection that would not abate.
This week, the, aptly-named Mr Woods claimed that, after drinking Novartis' Boost Plus, he awoke the next morning “with an erection that would not subside”.
He was then forced to undergo surgery for severe priapism, which involves implanting something called a 'winter shunt', which (hear me out) moves blood from one area of the body to another. It doesn't bear thinking about really, does it?
Novartis continues to promote its Boost Plus drink as “a great-tasting, high-calorie, nutritionally complete oral supplement for people who require extra energy and protein in a limited volume.” The evidence is in the tasting, apparently.
Stay tuned for all the best stories at just-drinks. But don't let us keep you up all night.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research