Blog: Mr Woods gets an unwanted Boost
Olly Wehring | 8 June 2007
A man has sued the makers of a health drink, claiming the vitamin-enriched beverage gave him an erection that would not abate.
This week, the, aptly-named Mr Woods claimed that, after drinking Novartis' Boost Plus, he awoke the next morning “with an erection that would not subside”.
He was then forced to undergo surgery for severe priapism, which involves implanting something called a 'winter shunt', which (hear me out) moves blood from one area of the body to another. It doesn't bear thinking about really, does it?
Novartis continues to promote its Boost Plus drink as “a great-tasting, high-calorie, nutritionally complete oral supplement for people who require extra energy and protein in a limited volume.” The evidence is in the tasting, apparently.
Stay tuned for all the best stories at just-drinks. But don't let us keep you up all night.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Whyte & Mackay brings RumChata to UK
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research