Blog: Movember - Rogues Gallery II: 29 November
Olly Wehring | 29 November 2010
As we approach the end of November, so the end for my scratchy upper lip draws nearer. just-drinks has taken part in this year's Movember crusade, to help raise awareness and funds for prostate cancer, and it's not been comfortable.
At the half-way point, we ran a gallery of just-drinks subscribers taking part in Movember, including yours truly.
So, here's how the fruits of our labours look today.
Here's John Campbell, distillery manager at Beam Global Spirits & Wine's Laphroaig distillery on Islay. John has gone for the 'cop from the Village People' look, a style that has been quite popular with the Mo's of London.
Then, from the just-drinks technical team, we have Tom Thorp.
Not a bad attempt at all, considering he's about 14.
Next up, Marcin Miller, MD of Quercus Communications, is clearly annoyed about something.
I, meanwhile, have spent the month rocking the Austrian trucker look.
It only leaves me to ask you, dear readers, to make a generous donation to the Movember cause. For once, I can say that we HAVE done this for our health.
Please, click this link and donate online using your credit card or PayPal account.
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014