Blog: Movember - Rogues Gallery I: 15 November
Olly Wehring | 15 November 2010
This year, just-drinks - and by 'just-drinks' I mean 'me' - is joining the Movember brotherhood. During the month of November, members grow a moustache (or 'Mo') to raise awareness of and funds for the fight against prostate cancer.
As promised at the beginning of this month, we will have an ongoing rogues gallery of Mo's here on just-drinks.
Much as I should apologise for the delay in putting up this first gallery, it would have been pointless any earlier, as I really did not have a whole lot of 'tache to flash.
But, to the gallery.
First up, we have Marcin Miller, MD of Quercus Communications here in the UK. Marcin has previous in the face furniture arena, and we all bow to him.
Second, please be upstanding for John Campbell, distillery manager at Beam Global Spirits & Wine's Laphroaig distillery up on Islay. Modest to a fault, John looks too tired to send a photo of how his Mo looks today - this dates from late last week.
Finally, yours truly - words, for once, fail me.
A further update same time next week.
If you would like to appear in just-drinks' Movember gallery, email email@example.com.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends