Blog: Most appropriate name for a drink - the race begins
Olly Wehring | 27 February 2006
Since joining just-drinks, my appreciation of whisk(e)y has, naturally, gone through the roof. I love the stuff. Although, a new Scotch may have to pass me by.
The Bruichladdich distillery on Islay has produced a distilled whisky with an eye-watering alcoholic content of 92%.
Bruichladdich managing director Mark Reynier said the distillery was doing it as a bit of fun and it was unlikely to be repeated.
Bruichladdich plans to produce 5,000 bottles of ‘usquebaugh-baul’ as it is known – which is probably the sound I’d make after a dram or two of it.
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China