Blog: Most appropriate name for a drink - the race begins
Olly Wehring | 27 February 2006
Since joining just-drinks, my appreciation of whisk(e)y has, naturally, gone through the roof. I love the stuff. Although, a new Scotch may have to pass me by.
The Bruichladdich distillery on Islay has produced a distilled whisky with an eye-watering alcoholic content of 92%.
Bruichladdich managing director Mark Reynier said the distillery was doing it as a bit of fun and it was unlikely to be repeated.
Bruichladdich plans to produce 5,000 bottles of ‘usquebaugh-baul’ as it is known – which is probably the sound I’d make after a dram or two of it.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets