Blog: Most appropriate name for a drink - the race begins
Olly Wehring | 27 February 2006
Since joining just-drinks, my appreciation of whisk(e)y has, naturally, gone through the roof. I love the stuff. Although, a new Scotch may have to pass me by.
The Bruichladdich distillery on Islay has produced a distilled whisky with an eye-watering alcoholic content of 92%.
Bruichladdich managing director Mark Reynier said the distillery was doing it as a bit of fun and it was unlikely to be repeated.
Bruichladdich plans to produce 5,000 bottles of ‘usquebaugh-baul’ as it is known – which is probably the sound I’d make after a dram or two of it.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report