Blog: Monster mission fails for Red Bull?
Olly Wehring | 2 November 2009
It seems Red Bull has had its feathers ruffled after the company’s loss of a contract by supply pub chain JD Wetherspoon in the UK.
So much so that the energy drink maker has embarked on a ‘secret mission’ aimed at undermining rival energy drink Monster.
According to Marketing magazine, Red Bull planned to visit JDW sites stocking Monster and “smuggle” some cans of Red Bull into the venue to consume on site.
Repeated calls by just-drinks to Red Bull's UK office have gone unanswered.
Perhaps the team is busy out and about...
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research