Blog: Monster Beverage Corp may regret latest punch line
Andy Morton | 21 January 2014
Does Monster Beverage Corp wish to make itself more of a target than it already is?
Currently bogged down in food safety investigations and lawsuits, the energy drinks firm has announced a new line. Punch Monster will start shipping to US retailers in the first quarter, company CEO Rodney Sacks told analysts in a business update this month.
It will replace the underperforming DUB Edition but is a brand new formulation. “Changed flavour, changed positioning, changed cans,” as Sacks said.
Perhaps he should consider changing the name, too? Punch Monster, in these embattled times, sounds like an offer, metaphorically speaking, some of the people behind the lawsuits and investigations may find hard to turn down.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
The Coca-Cola Co has been forced to apologise over an advert for its Fanta brand in Germany and has denied the brand has any links to Hitler or the Nazi Party....
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Beam Suntory strikes new Baltics tie-up
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future