Blog: Monster Beverage Corp may regret latest punch line
Andy Morton | 21 January 2014
Does Monster Beverage Corp wish to make itself more of a target than it already is?
Currently bogged down in food safety investigations and lawsuits, the energy drinks firm has announced a new line. Punch Monster will start shipping to US retailers in the first quarter, company CEO Rodney Sacks told analysts in a business update this month.
It will replace the underperforming DUB Edition but is a brand new formulation. “Changed flavour, changed positioning, changed cans,” as Sacks said.
Perhaps he should consider changing the name, too? Punch Monster, in these embattled times, sounds like an offer, metaphorically speaking, some of the people behind the lawsuits and investigations may find hard to turn down.
The Coca-Cola Co has had its fair share of critics this year, from health campaigners to investor David Winters, who this week called for CEO Muhtar Kent to be replaced....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces by just-drinks' editor, Olly Wehring, ...
The UK health lobby is always very vocal on alcohol at this time of year, predictably so, and this year is no different. ...
“Ah, yes, you've hit upon a very sensitive area,” says Thomas, my guide at the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen last Friday....
Experimentation has long been a watchword in the Scotch whisky industry. It is what has given consumers the huge range of ageing options, from refill hogsheads to virgin oak to Sherry butts....
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future