Blog: Monster Beverage Corp may regret latest punch line
Andy Morton | 21 January 2014
Does Monster Beverage Corp wish to make itself more of a target than it already is?
Currently bogged down in food safety investigations and lawsuits, the energy drinks firm has announced a new line. Punch Monster will start shipping to US retailers in the first quarter, company CEO Rodney Sacks told analysts in a business update this month.
It will replace the underperforming DUB Edition but is a brand new formulation. “Changed flavour, changed positioning, changed cans,” as Sacks said.
Perhaps he should consider changing the name, too? Punch Monster, in these embattled times, sounds like an offer, metaphorically speaking, some of the people behind the lawsuits and investigations may find hard to turn down.
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends