Blog: Monster Beverage Corp backs the right horse
Andy Morton | 8 June 2015
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly.
On Wednesday, Monster Beverage Corp struck a reportedly record-breaking agreement with the owners of US racehorse American Pharoah. By Saturday, the horse, wearing Monster Beverage livery, had won the 2015 Belmont Stakes, and with it the fabled Triple Crown after victories this season in the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes.
The move signalled a departure for Monster Beverage - American Pharoah was its first horse sponsorship. But American Pharoah is not the average racehorse. The three-year-old is the first Triple Crown winner for 37 years and its owners now intend to target more.
Will Monster be along for the ride?
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends