Blog: Monster Beverage Corp backs the right horse
Andy Morton | 8 June 2015
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly.
On Wednesday, Monster Beverage Corp struck a reportedly record-breaking agreement with the owners of US racehorse American Pharoah. By Saturday, the horse, wearing Monster Beverage livery, had won the 2015 Belmont Stakes, and with it the fabled Triple Crown after victories this season in the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes.
The move signalled a departure for Monster Beverage - American Pharoah was its first horse sponsorship. But American Pharoah is not the average racehorse. The three-year-old is the first Triple Crown winner for 37 years and its owners now intend to target more.
Will Monster be along for the ride?
In his latest commentary for just-drinks, former drinks analyst Ian Shackleton heads to Brazil to look at 3G's burned fingers, the future worries for Anheuser-Busch InBev and Britvic's samba moves....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research