Blog: Monster Beverage Corp backs the right horse
Andy Morton | 8 June 2015
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly.
On Wednesday, Monster Beverage Corp struck a reportedly record-breaking agreement with the owners of US racehorse American Pharoah. By Saturday, the horse, wearing Monster Beverage livery, had won the 2015 Belmont Stakes, and with it the fabled Triple Crown after victories this season in the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes.
The move signalled a departure for Monster Beverage - American Pharoah was its first horse sponsorship. But American Pharoah is not the average racehorse. The three-year-old is the first Triple Crown winner for 37 years and its owners now intend to target more.
Will Monster be along for the ride?
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
The Coca-Cola Co has added two new juice variants to its Simply portfolio in the US....
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends