Blog: Monster Beverage Corp backs the right horse
Andy Morton | 8 June 2015
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly.
On Wednesday, Monster Beverage Corp struck a reportedly record-breaking agreement with the owners of US racehorse American Pharoah. By Saturday, the horse, wearing Monster Beverage livery, had won the 2015 Belmont Stakes, and with it the fabled Triple Crown after victories this season in the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes.
The move signalled a departure for Monster Beverage - American Pharoah was its first horse sponsorship. But American Pharoah is not the average racehorse. The three-year-old is the first Triple Crown winner for 37 years and its owners now intend to target more.
Will Monster be along for the ride?
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
Diageo has continued investing in Australian rum brand Bundaberg with a packaging overhaul ahead of the Summer....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends