Blog: Monster Beverage Corp backs the right horse
Andy Morton | 8 June 2015
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly.
On Wednesday, Monster Beverage Corp struck a reportedly record-breaking agreement with the owners of US racehorse American Pharoah. By Saturday, the horse, wearing Monster Beverage livery, had won the 2015 Belmont Stakes, and with it the fabled Triple Crown after victories this season in the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness Stakes.
The move signalled a departure for Monster Beverage - American Pharoah was its first horse sponsorship. But American Pharoah is not the average racehorse. The three-year-old is the first Triple Crown winner for 37 years and its owners now intend to target more.
Will Monster be along for the ride?
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends