Blog: Molson Coors' Beer Fridge - the gift that keeps on giving
James Wilmore | 2 July 2014
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
The fridge, which was first used in a TV ad last Summer, then reprised at the Sochi Winter Olympics, is now "back home" in Canada.
This time, for folks to get hold of a Molson Canadian lager, they have to sing the Canadian national anthem - ' O Canada'- to the fridge - and, hey presto, the door pops open.
So far, a video of the prank - sorry, marketing concept - has attracted more than 1.5m views on YouTube. Not bad for a film with a fridge as the star.
Heavy metal legend Bruce Dickinson - lead singer of the band Iron Maiden, for the unitiated - is clearly a man not afraid to get his hands dirty. ...
Brewer Innis & Gunn has released a seasonal autumnal pale ale in the UK, infused with ingredients sourced from its native Scotland....
The homebrewing revival continues in the UK - and evidence has come that even the supermarket chains are taking it semi-seriously. ...
Gruppo Campari has lined up the largest marketing push for the American Honey expression of its Wild Turkey Bourbon brand in the US....
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists....
Alcohol-related violent crime in the UK fell by 32% in the past 10 years, while the population is becoming less tolerant to anti-social behaviour, according to latest studies. ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Carlsberg, Heineken, Coca-Cola Amatil, California's winelands and Cognac....
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss