Blog: Molson Coors' Beer Fridge - the gift that keeps on giving
James Wilmore | 2 July 2014
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
The fridge, which was first used in a TV ad last Summer, then reprised at the Sochi Winter Olympics, is now "back home" in Canada.
This time, for folks to get hold of a Molson Canadian lager, they have to sing the Canadian national anthem - ' O Canada'- to the fridge - and, hey presto, the door pops open.
So far, a video of the prank - sorry, marketing concept - has attracted more than 1.5m views on YouTube. Not bad for a film with a fridge as the star.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends