Blog: Molson Coors' Beer Fridge - the gift that keeps on giving
James Wilmore | 2 July 2014
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
The fridge, which was first used in a TV ad last Summer, then reprised at the Sochi Winter Olympics, is now "back home" in Canada.
This time, for folks to get hold of a Molson Canadian lager, they have to sing the Canadian national anthem - ' O Canada'- to the fridge - and, hey presto, the door pops open.
So far, a video of the prank - sorry, marketing concept - has attracted more than 1.5m views on YouTube. Not bad for a film with a fridge as the star.
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring SABMiller, Orangina Schweppes, PepsiCo and Scottish devolution....
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Sustainability in Spirits - Part I
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller