Blog: Molson Coors' Beer Fridge - the gift that keeps on giving
James Wilmore | 2 July 2014
I predicted that the Molson Canadian beer fridge marketing concept had legs - and so it is proving.
The fridge, which was first used in a TV ad last Summer, then reprised at the Sochi Winter Olympics, is now "back home" in Canada.
This time, for folks to get hold of a Molson Canadian lager, they have to sing the Canadian national anthem - ' O Canada'- to the fridge - and, hey presto, the door pops open.
So far, a video of the prank - sorry, marketing concept - has attracted more than 1.5m views on YouTube. Not bad for a film with a fridge as the star.
Heavy metal legend Bruce Dickinson - lead singer of the band Iron Maiden, for the unitiated - is clearly a man not afraid to get his hands dirty. ...
The homebrewing revival continues in the UK - and evidence has come that even the supermarket chains are taking it semi-seriously. ...
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists....
Molson Coors has appointed a new CEO for its Europe business, to replace Mark Hunter. ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Carlsberg, Heineken, Coca-Cola Amatil, California's winelands and Cognac....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory