Blog: Molson Coors as good as its word with cider launch
Andy Morton | 17 January 2013
There's no guarantee Molson Coors' new cider offering in the UK, Carling British Cider, will make a dent in an increasingly crowded sector.
But what Monday's launch did show was that Coors was serious when it said in November that it will push ahead with innovations to plug a hole in its premium portfolio.
No doubt Coors will hope Carling British Cider will follow in the footsteps of Carling Zest - a summer and winter innovation that has found traction - and not go down the road of the now-discontinued “lady beer” Animée.
In the world of innovations, not all are created equal.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research