Blog: Molson Coors as good as its word with cider launch
Andy Morton | 17 January 2013
There's no guarantee Molson Coors' new cider offering in the UK, Carling British Cider, will make a dent in an increasingly crowded sector.
But what Monday's launch did show was that Coors was serious when it said in November that it will push ahead with innovations to plug a hole in its premium portfolio.
No doubt Coors will hope Carling British Cider will follow in the footsteps of Carling Zest - a summer and winter innovation that has found traction - and not go down the road of the now-discontinued “lady beer” Animée.
In the world of innovations, not all are created equal.
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk