Blog: Molson Coors as good as its word with cider launch
Andy Morton | 17 January 2013
There's no guarantee Molson Coors' new cider offering in the UK, Carling British Cider, will make a dent in an increasingly crowded sector.
But what Monday's launch did show was that Coors was serious when it said in November that it will push ahead with innovations to plug a hole in its premium portfolio.
No doubt Coors will hope Carling British Cider will follow in the footsteps of Carling Zest - a summer and winter innovation that has found traction - and not go down the road of the now-discontinued “lady beer” Animée.
In the world of innovations, not all are created equal.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets