Blog: Moët & Chandon - pleasepleasepleaseplease
Olly Wehring | 31 October 2006
As some of you may no doubt already know, I have a dreadful propensity to place-drop - as opposed to name-drop. I’ve asked my parents, and it’s not inherited, so I can blame no-one but myself for this habit.
This place-dropping might work forwards, I reckon. Surely, if I say where I want to go - or how I want to be taken there – often enough…?
Let’s see, shall we?
This evening (31 October), I am being taken, as a guest of the malt whisky folk at Diageo, to the International Wine & Spirit Competition awards banquet in London.
My wish, dear readers, is that I get whisked home afterwards by this - a one-off London black cab that has been tarted up with 200,000 Swarovski crystals to form an image of a Moët & Chandon bottle and champagne bubbles.
I’m told that the only way I’ll get a lift in this beauty is if I buy a limited edition Moët & Chandon crystallised Methuselah from either Harrods or Selfridges in London. But, surely by mentioning it often enough, my wish could come true?
Shall I repeat all this?
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Trends - Scotch Whisky V
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends