Blog: Moët & Chandon - pleasepleasepleaseplease
Olly Wehring | 31 October 2006
As some of you may no doubt already know, I have a dreadful propensity to place-drop - as opposed to name-drop. I’ve asked my parents, and it’s not inherited, so I can blame no-one but myself for this habit.
This place-dropping might work forwards, I reckon. Surely, if I say where I want to go - or how I want to be taken there – often enough…?
Let’s see, shall we?
This evening (31 October), I am being taken, as a guest of the malt whisky folk at Diageo, to the International Wine & Spirit Competition awards banquet in London.
My wish, dear readers, is that I get whisked home afterwards by this - a one-off London black cab that has been tarted up with 200,000 Swarovski crystals to form an image of a Moët & Chandon bottle and champagne bubbles.
I’m told that the only way I’ll get a lift in this beauty is if I buy a limited edition Moët & Chandon crystallised Methuselah from either Harrods or Selfridges in London. But, surely by mentioning it often enough, my wish could come true?
Shall I repeat all this?
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- The European beer market - Focus
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Sazerac poaches ex-Diageo government director