Blog: Moët & Chandon - pleasepleasepleaseplease
Olly Wehring | 31 October 2006
As some of you may no doubt already know, I have a dreadful propensity to place-drop - as opposed to name-drop. I’ve asked my parents, and it’s not inherited, so I can blame no-one but myself for this habit.
This place-dropping might work forwards, I reckon. Surely, if I say where I want to go - or how I want to be taken there – often enough…?
Let’s see, shall we?
This evening (31 October), I am being taken, as a guest of the malt whisky folk at Diageo, to the International Wine & Spirit Competition awards banquet in London.
My wish, dear readers, is that I get whisked home afterwards by this - a one-off London black cab that has been tarted up with 200,000 Swarovski crystals to form an image of a Moët & Chandon bottle and champagne bubbles.
I’m told that the only way I’ll get a lift in this beauty is if I buy a limited edition Moët & Chandon crystallised Methuselah from either Harrods or Selfridges in London. But, surely by mentioning it often enough, my wish could come true?
Shall I repeat all this?
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends