Blog: Moët & Chandon - pleasepleasepleaseplease
Olly Wehring | 31 October 2006
As some of you may no doubt already know, I have a dreadful propensity to place-drop - as opposed to name-drop. I’ve asked my parents, and it’s not inherited, so I can blame no-one but myself for this habit.
This place-dropping might work forwards, I reckon. Surely, if I say where I want to go - or how I want to be taken there – often enough…?
Let’s see, shall we?
This evening (31 October), I am being taken, as a guest of the malt whisky folk at Diageo, to the International Wine & Spirit Competition awards banquet in London.
My wish, dear readers, is that I get whisked home afterwards by this - a one-off London black cab that has been tarted up with 200,000 Swarovski crystals to form an image of a Moët & Chandon bottle and champagne bubbles.
I’m told that the only way I’ll get a lift in this beauty is if I buy a limited edition Moët & Chandon crystallised Methuselah from either Harrods or Selfridges in London. But, surely by mentioning it often enough, my wish could come true?
Shall I repeat all this?
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets....
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US....
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
The Coca-Cola Co has spent a lot of money recently fighting accusations that soft drinks make you fat....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research