Blog: Mine's bigger than your's
Olly Wehring | 7 September 2009
Check this bruiser out. This, according to Tomintoul Distillery, is the world's largest bottle of whisky.
Two of the residents of the Scottish village of Tomintoul commissioned the project earlier this year, with the bottle – which contains 105.3 litres of Tomintoul Speyside Glenlivet Single Malt Scotch whisky aged 14 years – being specially manufactured in Germany.
It took 150 bottles to fill the bottle, which weighed 164kg when full and stands just under 5ft tall.
And, at around GBP35 (US$58) per 70cl bottle, that works out at... Oh, it's Monday. You work it out.
You can read the full story here.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends