Blog: Miller Time! If your name is Miller...
James Wilmore | 29 June 2012
The marketing folk at MillerCoors have dreamt up a remarkably simple promotion.
If your first, middle, or last name is Miller (and you're of legal drinking age), and you live in the US, you can pick up a US$25 gift card, equivalent to the cost of a case of Miller Lite, at one of the company's "It's Miller Time On Us" events, being held in nine locations across the country this summer.
Apparently, Miller is the sixth most common surname in the US, so it could be popular.
Could any other beer brands follow suit?
We've been scratching at heads here at just-drinks towers. We've come up with Guinness, Foster('s) and Tennent('s) as brands who could manage it, at a stretch...
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
Beer consumption in Germany - already pretty impressive - will undoubtedly have enjoyed a spike following celebrations over the nation's FIFA World Cup win. ...
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- Analysis - Coca-Cola fails confidence test
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale