Blog: Miller Time! If your name is Miller...
James Wilmore | 29 June 2012
The marketing folk at MillerCoors have dreamt up a remarkably simple promotion.
If your first, middle, or last name is Miller (and you're of legal drinking age), and you live in the US, you can pick up a US$25 gift card, equivalent to the cost of a case of Miller Lite, at one of the company's "It's Miller Time On Us" events, being held in nine locations across the country this summer.
Apparently, Miller is the sixth most common surname in the US, so it could be popular.
Could any other beer brands follow suit?
We've been scratching at heads here at just-drinks towers. We've come up with Guinness, Foster('s) and Tennent('s) as brands who could manage it, at a stretch...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring AG Barr, Bombay Sapphire, Wines of South Africa and Pabst Brewing Co....
Despite accounting for just a small percentage of overall sales, craft beer is making an impression on the US....
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring SABMiller, Orangina Schweppes, PepsiCo and Scottish devolution....
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks