Blog: Miller Time! If your name is Miller...
James Wilmore | 29 June 2012
The marketing folk at MillerCoors have dreamt up a remarkably simple promotion.
If your first, middle, or last name is Miller (and you're of legal drinking age), and you live in the US, you can pick up a US$25 gift card, equivalent to the cost of a case of Miller Lite, at one of the company's "It's Miller Time On Us" events, being held in nine locations across the country this summer.
Apparently, Miller is the sixth most common surname in the US, so it could be popular.
Could any other beer brands follow suit?
We've been scratching at heads here at just-drinks towers. We've come up with Guinness, Foster('s) and Tennent('s) as brands who could manage it, at a stretch...
Perhaps because it's a Friday and I'm a bit hungry, but Pernod Ricard's idea to launch a 'London Steak Awards' backed by its Argentinian wine brand Graffigna seems like clever marketing. ...
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA president
- Beckham, Diageo and the Allure of the VIP Pop-Up
- Interview - William Grant & Sons
- Interview - Beam Suntory's EMEA head - part II
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Diageo, Beckham launch VIP pop-up for Haig Club
- Diageo reveals US$400m Tequila investment
- Pinnacle Vodka, Skinnygirl roll out on ice
- Coca-Cola Co apologises over Fanta ad
- Diageo completes Don Julio, Bushmills swap deal
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future