Blog: Miller Time! If your name is Miller...
James Wilmore | 29 June 2012
The marketing folk at MillerCoors have dreamt up a remarkably simple promotion.
If your first, middle, or last name is Miller (and you're of legal drinking age), and you live in the US, you can pick up a US$25 gift card, equivalent to the cost of a case of Miller Lite, at one of the company's "It's Miller Time On Us" events, being held in nine locations across the country this summer.
Apparently, Miller is the sixth most common surname in the US, so it could be popular.
Could any other beer brands follow suit?
We've been scratching at heads here at just-drinks towers. We've come up with Guinness, Foster('s) and Tennent('s) as brands who could manage it, at a stretch...
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets