Blog: Michael Jackson
Olly Wehring | 31 August 2007
It is with a heavy heart that I report to you the sad passing of one of the more exhuberant characters in the drinks journalism world, Michael Jackson.
Michael was an authority in both the beer and whisky sectors, and one of the most modest, un-self-aware drinks journalist there ever was.
Michael passed away yesterday morning at home. He was 65.
Our thoughts are with his friends and family at this time.
Do you have a water source in your garden? By which, I mean a spring, rather than an outside tap....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Diageo chief admits "tougher than expected" year
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Belvédère chairman to step down
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director