Blog: Mexico's beer market under the spotlight
James Wilmore | 3 January 2014
How are things shaping up in the beer battleground of Mexico? CNN took a closer look at one of the world's biggest beer markets by volume, where Anheuser-Busch InBev, through Grupo Modelo, and Heineken, through its 2010 acquisition FEMSA Cerveza, are dominant.
In the video report, above, Heineken's Americas president Stefan Orlowski, who stepped into the role last July, notes that 1m consumers are entering legal drinking age every year, while he welcomes the fledgling craft brewing scene.
Last year, an anti-trust ruling meant the opening up of the market to craft brewers, after a complaint from SABMiller. However, the UK-headquartered brewer was not happy with the outcome.
Paul Walsh just can't stay away from the drinks industry....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
On 9 May, Diageo is hosting its latest Capital Markets Day for analysts and investors, in London. Ahead of the group's presentations, Anthony Bucalo, global beverages analyst at HSBC, has prepared a l...
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Edrington's Highland Park Valkyrie - NPD
- Coca-Cola to cut 1,200 jobs
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report