Blog: Mexico's beer market under the spotlight
James Wilmore | 3 January 2014
How are things shaping up in the beer battleground of Mexico? CNN took a closer look at one of the world's biggest beer markets by volume, where Anheuser-Busch InBev, through Grupo Modelo, and Heineken, through its 2010 acquisition FEMSA Cerveza, are dominant.
In the video report, above, Heineken's Americas president Stefan Orlowski, who stepped into the role last July, notes that 1m consumers are entering legal drinking age every year, while he welcomes the fledgling craft brewing scene.
Last year, an anti-trust ruling meant the opening up of the market to craft brewers, after a complaint from SABMiller. However, the UK-headquartered brewer was not happy with the outcome.
The growth of the craft spirits segment is pushing larger producers to review how they connect with consumers rather than look to purchase new-entrant brands, according to the head of innovation at Di...
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Minimum unit pricing fails to get European backing
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review