Blog: Mexico's beer market under the spotlight
James Wilmore | 3 January 2014
How are things shaping up in the beer battleground of Mexico? CNN took a closer look at one of the world's biggest beer markets by volume, where Anheuser-Busch InBev, through Grupo Modelo, and Heineken, through its 2010 acquisition FEMSA Cerveza, are dominant.
In the video report, above, Heineken's Americas president Stefan Orlowski, who stepped into the role last July, notes that 1m consumers are entering legal drinking age every year, while he welcomes the fledgling craft brewing scene.
Last year, an anti-trust ruling meant the opening up of the market to craft brewers, after a complaint from SABMiller. However, the UK-headquartered brewer was not happy with the outcome.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring The Coca-Cola Co and Monster Beverage Corp, Constellation Brands, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Australia's wine producers....
Constellation Brands has enjoyed quite a honeymoon period since taking full control of Grupo Modelo's brands in the US. ...
UK brewer Timothy Taylor is back in the headlines after winning 'Champion Beer of Britain' at the Great British Beer Festival (GBBF) today. ...
The new CEO of Paulaner HP USA has claimed that fruit beers are losing their stigma among "traditional" male consumers in the country's on-trade....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Guinness, Campari, Vitaminwater and Treasury Wine Estates....
Last week C&C Group wasn't best pleased when Polish advertising laws banned it from using it Magners logo on Celtic Football Club's kit for the team's Champions League qualifying match against Legia W...
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Coca-Cola secures US$2.15bn stake in Monster
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- AG Barr poaches Diageo exec to be FD