Blog: Merry Christmas
Chris Brook-Carter | 23 December 2003
And so the end of another year – just-drinks’ fifth and my third as Editor. It’s been quite a year for the industry – a full review of which can be seen in the current Feature of the Week – and an eventful one too for us here at just-drinks.
The year began with the implementation of our management briefing service and a change of address and ended with the arrival of a new news editor at the magazine, Olly Wehring.
We have plenty of plans to continue improving the service we provide our readers next year and look forward to introducing you to them as they come in.
In the meantime all that is left for me to do is wish you all a very happy Christmas and New Year and thank you for your continued support.
We will see you all in 2004. Merry Christmas.
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"