Blog: Merry Christmas and here's to a prosperous New Year
Olly Wehring | 24 December 2009
Well, the lid is nearly on 2009. And, my goodness, what a year it's been. Our industry has had a rollercoaster 12 months, and I'm sure many of you will be looking forward to a soothing break over Christmas and New Year, before we look to hit the ground running in 2010.
On the note of the Christmas break, today (23 December) is our last day at the office until 4 January next year. So, let me take this opportunity to wish all of our readers a very merry Christmas and happy New Year. Many thanks for your continued support throughout 2009, we are looking forward to reporting on news of that much anticipated recovery over the next 12 months.
Here's to a prosperous 2010, naturally. Goodness knows, we'll have deserved it.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits