Blog: Merry Christmas and here's to a prosperous New Year
Olly Wehring | 24 December 2009
Well, the lid is nearly on 2009. And, my goodness, what a year it's been. Our industry has had a rollercoaster 12 months, and I'm sure many of you will be looking forward to a soothing break over Christmas and New Year, before we look to hit the ground running in 2010.
On the note of the Christmas break, today (23 December) is our last day at the office until 4 January next year. So, let me take this opportunity to wish all of our readers a very merry Christmas and happy New Year. Many thanks for your continued support throughout 2009, we are looking forward to reporting on news of that much anticipated recovery over the next 12 months.
Here's to a prosperous 2010, naturally. Goodness knows, we'll have deserved it.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends