Blog: Making gin in the shed
Lucy Britner | 14 July 2015
The shed contains a working distillery
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins.
For Jonathan Engels in Scotland's Cairngorms National Park, it's much more inspiring. He renovated a chicken hut, using bits of an old chapel, to create the dream shed: a drinking parlour complete with gin distillery. And the work only cost him GBP500 (US$780).
Apparently the former architect ended up in the Cairngorms because there's loads of wild juniper there - and so Crossbill Gin came about.
The shed just won TV network Channel 4's Shed of the Year in the UK - beating 2,520 other sheds, including one in which a woman was knitting a car.
You never know what goes on behind shed doors.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits