Blog: Looks like we made it
Olly Wehring | 21 December 2005
Well, we’re almost there. The end of another frenetic year for the global drinks industry is just around the corner and, while some of you are racing to get those last, vital orders out, we here at just-drinks can finally ease the foot off the pedal as we look forward to a well-earned respite.
And what a year it’s been. From Pernod Ricard’s purchase of Allied Domecq in the wine and spirits sectors to Anheuser-Busch’s and SABMiller’s ongoing skirmishes in the US beer industry, via the sale of Cadbury Schweppes’ European beverages division on the soft drinks front, I think we can all safely say that the headlines have come thick and fast in 2005. And I should know - I wrote most of them.
In this, my final blog before Christmas (we close for the week between Christmas and New Year, and will be back refreshed on Tuesday 3 January), I want to thank you all for your continued support. We have been deluged on an almost daily basis by tip-offs and story ideas from freelancers, industry insiders, PR companies and internal marketing departments the world over - if your lot aren’t hitting us yet, then give them a nudge - and just-drinks goes from strength to strength as a result.
So, whether you’re already in wind-down mode, or are expecting to be chained to your desk until midnight on 24 December, may I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I get the feeling that 2006 might just top 2005, and I for one can’t wait.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review