Blog: Looks like we made it
Olly Wehring | 21 December 2005
Well, we’re almost there. The end of another frenetic year for the global drinks industry is just around the corner and, while some of you are racing to get those last, vital orders out, we here at just-drinks can finally ease the foot off the pedal as we look forward to a well-earned respite.
And what a year it’s been. From Pernod Ricard’s purchase of Allied Domecq in the wine and spirits sectors to Anheuser-Busch’s and SABMiller’s ongoing skirmishes in the US beer industry, via the sale of Cadbury Schweppes’ European beverages division on the soft drinks front, I think we can all safely say that the headlines have come thick and fast in 2005. And I should know - I wrote most of them.
In this, my final blog before Christmas (we close for the week between Christmas and New Year, and will be back refreshed on Tuesday 3 January), I want to thank you all for your continued support. We have been deluged on an almost daily basis by tip-offs and story ideas from freelancers, industry insiders, PR companies and internal marketing departments the world over - if your lot aren’t hitting us yet, then give them a nudge - and just-drinks goes from strength to strength as a result.
So, whether you’re already in wind-down mode, or are expecting to be chained to your desk until midnight on 24 December, may I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I get the feeling that 2006 might just top 2005, and I for one can’t wait.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends