Blog: Look what I won
Olly Wehring | 22 September 2009
There are times in this hellish, tough, thankless job that I do when I am reminded of just why I keep plugging away.
Yes, yes, part of that reason is to deliver to you, dear just-drinks member, all the news and comment you could possibly need to remain at the top of your game.
But here's also another - very small - part of the reason why I do what I do. VERY small part.
With thanks to all at Coca-Cola GB for making one of my childhood dreams come true.
Now, if someone else could wheel out Suzi Quatro from about 30 years ago...?
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"