Blog: Lohan in Coke bust
Michelle Russell | 13 October 2010
The Coca-Cola Co may well have its next sponsorship deal in the bag if this week's showbiz news is anything to go by. Or maybe not...
According to celebdirtylaundry.com, actress and socialite Lindsay Lohan was caught trying to escape from rehab in a desperate attempt to get her hands on some coke, and I don't mean the white stuff.
Lohan, famous for her partying and recent short stint in prison for failing a drugs test, had a craving for a can of Coca-Cola as the rehab clinic she was checked into had no vending machine or luxuries such as coffee or televisions.
No doubt Coca-Cola will be pleased its product has grabbed the front pages of all the celeb rags, but whether the product's association with the US wild child will be welcomed is another matter altogether.
At least she's sporting a sober smile....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- PepsiCo find stability but Peltz concerns linger
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Molson Coors CEO to retire