Blog: Lohan in Coke bust
Michelle Russell | 13 October 2010
The Coca-Cola Co may well have its next sponsorship deal in the bag if this week's showbiz news is anything to go by. Or maybe not...
According to celebdirtylaundry.com, actress and socialite Lindsay Lohan was caught trying to escape from rehab in a desperate attempt to get her hands on some coke, and I don't mean the white stuff.
Lohan, famous for her partying and recent short stint in prison for failing a drugs test, had a craving for a can of Coca-Cola as the rehab clinic she was checked into had no vending machine or luxuries such as coffee or televisions.
No doubt Coca-Cola will be pleased its product has grabbed the front pages of all the celeb rags, but whether the product's association with the US wild child will be welcomed is another matter altogether.
At least she's sporting a sober smile....
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Brand
- Diageo upbeat on Scotch prospects
- Heineken CEO spies trouble ahead for UK
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo puts Bacardi in frame with white rum ads
- Edrington appoints new board director
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Heineken ups sales, profits despite volume squeeze
- Mast-Jagermeister closes Sidney Frank buy
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research