Blog: Lohan in Coke bust
Michelle Russell | 13 October 2010
The Coca-Cola Co may well have its next sponsorship deal in the bag if this week's showbiz news is anything to go by. Or maybe not...
According to celebdirtylaundry.com, actress and socialite Lindsay Lohan was caught trying to escape from rehab in a desperate attempt to get her hands on some coke, and I don't mean the white stuff.
Lohan, famous for her partying and recent short stint in prison for failing a drugs test, had a craving for a can of Coca-Cola as the rehab clinic she was checked into had no vending machine or luxuries such as coffee or televisions.
No doubt Coca-Cola will be pleased its product has grabbed the front pages of all the celeb rags, but whether the product's association with the US wild child will be welcomed is another matter altogether.
At least she's sporting a sober smile....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends