Blog: Lohan in Coke bust
Michelle Russell | 13 October 2010
The Coca-Cola Co may well have its next sponsorship deal in the bag if this week's showbiz news is anything to go by. Or maybe not...
According to celebdirtylaundry.com, actress and socialite Lindsay Lohan was caught trying to escape from rehab in a desperate attempt to get her hands on some coke, and I don't mean the white stuff.
Lohan, famous for her partying and recent short stint in prison for failing a drugs test, had a craving for a can of Coca-Cola as the rehab clinic she was checked into had no vending machine or luxuries such as coffee or televisions.
No doubt Coca-Cola will be pleased its product has grabbed the front pages of all the celeb rags, but whether the product's association with the US wild child will be welcomed is another matter altogether.
At least she's sporting a sober smile....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends