Blog: Lohan in Coke bust
Michelle Russell | 13 October 2010
The Coca-Cola Co may well have its next sponsorship deal in the bag if this week's showbiz news is anything to go by. Or maybe not...
According to celebdirtylaundry.com, actress and socialite Lindsay Lohan was caught trying to escape from rehab in a desperate attempt to get her hands on some coke, and I don't mean the white stuff.
Lohan, famous for her partying and recent short stint in prison for failing a drugs test, had a craving for a can of Coca-Cola as the rehab clinic she was checked into had no vending machine or luxuries such as coffee or televisions.
No doubt Coca-Cola will be pleased its product has grabbed the front pages of all the celeb rags, but whether the product's association with the US wild child will be welcomed is another matter altogether.
At least she's sporting a sober smile....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts