Blog: LIWSF - I'm the shoe-shine boy
Olly Wehring | 11 May 2007
As we gear up for this year's London International Wine and Spirit Fair, I'm starting to remind myself not only of the pleasure to be had on hand - the great wine, the familiar faces I've not seen for ages - but also of the pain.
Namely, my feet.
ExCel is such a vast space, that the traipsing from one drinks company to another always has me hobbling towards the end of each day.
Moët Hennessy appears to be well-aware of this discomfort, and has suggested that we make a competition out of it - the masochists.
The French company, based at stand G32, will be offering a limited number of pedometers to attendees at the event.
Visitors can register their mileage at the end of each day and the person who walks the furthest will win a mixed case from Moët Hennessy’s Estates and Wines portfolio.
It's in the bag, folks - you're all going to lose.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits