Blog: LIWSF - I'm the shoe-shine boy
Olly Wehring | 11 May 2007
As we gear up for this year's London International Wine and Spirit Fair, I'm starting to remind myself not only of the pleasure to be had on hand - the great wine, the familiar faces I've not seen for ages - but also of the pain.
Namely, my feet.
ExCel is such a vast space, that the traipsing from one drinks company to another always has me hobbling towards the end of each day.
Moët Hennessy appears to be well-aware of this discomfort, and has suggested that we make a competition out of it - the masochists.
The French company, based at stand G32, will be offering a limited number of pedometers to attendees at the event.
Visitors can register their mileage at the end of each day and the person who walks the furthest will win a mixed case from Moët Hennessy’s Estates and Wines portfolio.
It's in the bag, folks - you're all going to lose.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends