Blog: LIWSF - I'm the shoe-shine boy
Olly Wehring | 11 May 2007
As we gear up for this year's London International Wine and Spirit Fair, I'm starting to remind myself not only of the pleasure to be had on hand - the great wine, the familiar faces I've not seen for ages - but also of the pain.
Namely, my feet.
ExCel is such a vast space, that the traipsing from one drinks company to another always has me hobbling towards the end of each day.
Moët Hennessy appears to be well-aware of this discomfort, and has suggested that we make a competition out of it - the masochists.
The French company, based at stand G32, will be offering a limited number of pedometers to attendees at the event.
Visitors can register their mileage at the end of each day and the person who walks the furthest will win a mixed case from Moët Hennessy’s Estates and Wines portfolio.
It's in the bag, folks - you're all going to lose.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020