Blog: LIWSF 2007 - It's home-time
Olly Wehring | 25 May 2007
Well, that’s that for another year. The London International Wine and Spirit Fair 2007 came to an end yesterday, amid a plethora of pale faces, sore feet and disgusted livers.
The three-day event – described by Lord Robertson yesterday as “an alcoholic’s paradise” – has been a resounding success for us here at just-drinks. The stand has been constantly busy, while I’ve been hairing up and down the aisles, introducing our recently-signed news editor, Jessica Harvey, to as many of you as possible.
Many thanks to those of you who came along to the stand, and also to those who took the time to meet with us over the course of the three days. We’ve run some great, exclusive stories from the event, and we have some excellent interviews in the pipeline for you.
A final note of congratulations to Will Broadfoot, marketing director for the event, who pipped me in the Moët Hennessy pedometer challenge. Although I’d said it was in the bag, I came a creditable second (if I do say so myself) to Will, who’d been up and down the hall in his event organiser capacity.
But then, as one other journalist said when he heard that Will had walked further than anyone else at the event: “You’d hope, wouldn’t you.”
Have a safe journey home and a relaxing weekend to you. We’re back after the Bank Holiday, on Tuesday.
The focus at this year’s London International Wine & Spirit Fair was more heavily on the off-trade than ever before, confirming for Chris Losh that the organisers have all but abandoned attempts to ta...
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review