Blog: LIWSF 2007 - It's home-time
Olly Wehring | 25 May 2007
Well, that’s that for another year. The London International Wine and Spirit Fair 2007 came to an end yesterday, amid a plethora of pale faces, sore feet and disgusted livers.
The three-day event – described by Lord Robertson yesterday as “an alcoholic’s paradise” – has been a resounding success for us here at just-drinks. The stand has been constantly busy, while I’ve been hairing up and down the aisles, introducing our recently-signed news editor, Jessica Harvey, to as many of you as possible.
Many thanks to those of you who came along to the stand, and also to those who took the time to meet with us over the course of the three days. We’ve run some great, exclusive stories from the event, and we have some excellent interviews in the pipeline for you.
A final note of congratulations to Will Broadfoot, marketing director for the event, who pipped me in the Moët Hennessy pedometer challenge. Although I’d said it was in the bag, I came a creditable second (if I do say so myself) to Will, who’d been up and down the hall in his event organiser capacity.
But then, as one other journalist said when he heard that Will had walked further than anyone else at the event: “You’d hope, wouldn’t you.”
Have a safe journey home and a relaxing weekend to you. We’re back after the Bank Holiday, on Tuesday.
The focus at this year’s London International Wine & Spirit Fair was more heavily on the off-trade than ever before, confirming for Chris Losh that the organisers have all but abandoned attempts to ta...
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review