Blog: LIWSF 2007 - It's home-time
Olly Wehring | 25 May 2007
Well, that’s that for another year. The London International Wine and Spirit Fair 2007 came to an end yesterday, amid a plethora of pale faces, sore feet and disgusted livers.
The three-day event – described by Lord Robertson yesterday as “an alcoholic’s paradise” – has been a resounding success for us here at just-drinks. The stand has been constantly busy, while I’ve been hairing up and down the aisles, introducing our recently-signed news editor, Jessica Harvey, to as many of you as possible.
Many thanks to those of you who came along to the stand, and also to those who took the time to meet with us over the course of the three days. We’ve run some great, exclusive stories from the event, and we have some excellent interviews in the pipeline for you.
A final note of congratulations to Will Broadfoot, marketing director for the event, who pipped me in the Moët Hennessy pedometer challenge. Although I’d said it was in the bag, I came a creditable second (if I do say so myself) to Will, who’d been up and down the hall in his event organiser capacity.
But then, as one other journalist said when he heard that Will had walked further than anyone else at the event: “You’d hope, wouldn’t you.”
Have a safe journey home and a relaxing weekend to you. We’re back after the Bank Holiday, on Tuesday.
The focus at this year’s London International Wine & Spirit Fair was more heavily on the off-trade than ever before, confirming for Chris Losh that the organisers have all but abandoned attempts to ta...
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research