Blog: LIWSF 2007 - It's home-time
Olly Wehring | 25 May 2007
Well, that’s that for another year. The London International Wine and Spirit Fair 2007 came to an end yesterday, amid a plethora of pale faces, sore feet and disgusted livers.
The three-day event – described by Lord Robertson yesterday as “an alcoholic’s paradise” – has been a resounding success for us here at just-drinks. The stand has been constantly busy, while I’ve been hairing up and down the aisles, introducing our recently-signed news editor, Jessica Harvey, to as many of you as possible.
Many thanks to those of you who came along to the stand, and also to those who took the time to meet with us over the course of the three days. We’ve run some great, exclusive stories from the event, and we have some excellent interviews in the pipeline for you.
A final note of congratulations to Will Broadfoot, marketing director for the event, who pipped me in the Moët Hennessy pedometer challenge. Although I’d said it was in the bag, I came a creditable second (if I do say so myself) to Will, who’d been up and down the hall in his event organiser capacity.
But then, as one other journalist said when he heard that Will had walked further than anyone else at the event: “You’d hope, wouldn’t you.”
Have a safe journey home and a relaxing weekend to you. We’re back after the Bank Holiday, on Tuesday.
The focus at this year’s London International Wine & Spirit Fair was more heavily on the off-trade than ever before, confirming for Chris Losh that the organisers have all but abandoned attempts to ta...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research