Blog: LIWSF 2007 - It's home-time
Olly Wehring | 25 May 2007
Well, that’s that for another year. The London International Wine and Spirit Fair 2007 came to an end yesterday, amid a plethora of pale faces, sore feet and disgusted livers.
The three-day event – described by Lord Robertson yesterday as “an alcoholic’s paradise” – has been a resounding success for us here at just-drinks. The stand has been constantly busy, while I’ve been hairing up and down the aisles, introducing our recently-signed news editor, Jessica Harvey, to as many of you as possible.
Many thanks to those of you who came along to the stand, and also to those who took the time to meet with us over the course of the three days. We’ve run some great, exclusive stories from the event, and we have some excellent interviews in the pipeline for you.
A final note of congratulations to Will Broadfoot, marketing director for the event, who pipped me in the Moët Hennessy pedometer challenge. Although I’d said it was in the bag, I came a creditable second (if I do say so myself) to Will, who’d been up and down the hall in his event organiser capacity.
But then, as one other journalist said when he heard that Will had walked further than anyone else at the event: “You’d hope, wouldn’t you.”
Have a safe journey home and a relaxing weekend to you. We’re back after the Bank Holiday, on Tuesday.
The focus at this year’s London International Wine & Spirit Fair was more heavily on the off-trade than ever before, confirming for Chris Losh that the organisers have all but abandoned attempts to ta...
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research