Blog: LIWF & Distil - our parting gesture
Olly Wehring | 22 May 2008
And so, the end is near...
We're into the final day of the London International Wine Fair & Distil and, like every previous show, we've been traipsing the aisles, meeting the great and the good of the wine and spirits industries.
It's been an excellent show with, I'm told, increased numbers on 2007. The Distil section of the show has split the crowds, with some thinking it's not as strong an event as it could be. I'm in the opposing camp, however. With Diageo and Whyte & Mackay present in year one, I'm assured by some of the notable absentees that they took a wait-and-see approach with Distil, and will “probably” be on-board next year.
And so, with a final glance back at the hall, which is slowly emptying of upbeat Man Utd fans, inconsolable Chelsea fans and girls in their underwear offering vodka to all and sundry, we bid farewell to this year's event.
With the Champion's League final moving to a Saturday, and the event coming forward to 12 – 14 May next year, we can be sure two of those three won't be at ExCel in 2009.
Admit it, you'd miss those girls.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends