Blog: LIWF & Distil - our parting gesture
Olly Wehring | 22 May 2008
And so, the end is near...
We're into the final day of the London International Wine Fair & Distil and, like every previous show, we've been traipsing the aisles, meeting the great and the good of the wine and spirits industries.
It's been an excellent show with, I'm told, increased numbers on 2007. The Distil section of the show has split the crowds, with some thinking it's not as strong an event as it could be. I'm in the opposing camp, however. With Diageo and Whyte & Mackay present in year one, I'm assured by some of the notable absentees that they took a wait-and-see approach with Distil, and will “probably” be on-board next year.
And so, with a final glance back at the hall, which is slowly emptying of upbeat Man Utd fans, inconsolable Chelsea fans and girls in their underwear offering vodka to all and sundry, we bid farewell to this year's event.
With the Champion's League final moving to a Saturday, and the event coming forward to 12 – 14 May next year, we can be sure two of those three won't be at ExCel in 2009.
Admit it, you'd miss those girls.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends