Blog: LIWF & Distil and the threat of pig coughs
Olly Wehring | 7 May 2009
If, like ourselves, you are heading to London next week for the London International Wine Fair & Distil, you may be concerned about so many people in so confined an area as ExCel, as hysteria surrounding Mexican swine flu grows louder by the day.
Speaking to exhibition organisers Brintex earlier this week, it appears that they have this base covered.
A spokesperson for the company said: “A couple of areas that we feel are particularly worth highlighting are that of glasses and spittoons - further details can be found by clicking here. It is also planned that sanitizer gel will be made available to visitors at registration, glass collection points and in the servicepoints.”
One other thing to bear in mind, the spokesperson said: “Should any member of staff be suffering from flu symptoms they should not attend the event.”
We still await the first press release from any company attending the event who has been quick off the mark with possibly the best advertising opportunity to come our way in years.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research