Blog: LIWF & Distil and the threat of pig coughs
Olly Wehring | 7 May 2009
If, like ourselves, you are heading to London next week for the London International Wine Fair & Distil, you may be concerned about so many people in so confined an area as ExCel, as hysteria surrounding Mexican swine flu grows louder by the day.
Speaking to exhibition organisers Brintex earlier this week, it appears that they have this base covered.
A spokesperson for the company said: “A couple of areas that we feel are particularly worth highlighting are that of glasses and spittoons - further details can be found by clicking here. It is also planned that sanitizer gel will be made available to visitors at registration, glass collection points and in the servicepoints.”
One other thing to bear in mind, the spokesperson said: “Should any member of staff be suffering from flu symptoms they should not attend the event.”
We still await the first press release from any company attending the event who has been quick off the mark with possibly the best advertising opportunity to come our way in years.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- The European beer market - Focus
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Diageo reaches deal in Stitzel legal row