Blog: LIWF & Distil and the threat of pig coughs
Olly Wehring | 7 May 2009
If, like ourselves, you are heading to London next week for the London International Wine Fair & Distil, you may be concerned about so many people in so confined an area as ExCel, as hysteria surrounding Mexican swine flu grows louder by the day.
Speaking to exhibition organisers Brintex earlier this week, it appears that they have this base covered.
A spokesperson for the company said: “A couple of areas that we feel are particularly worth highlighting are that of glasses and spittoons - further details can be found by clicking here. It is also planned that sanitizer gel will be made available to visitors at registration, glass collection points and in the servicepoints.”
One other thing to bear in mind, the spokesperson said: “Should any member of staff be suffering from flu symptoms they should not attend the event.”
We still await the first press release from any company attending the event who has been quick off the mark with possibly the best advertising opportunity to come our way in years.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Kirin lines up cans for Little Creatures beer
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends