Blog: LIWF & Distil and the threat of pig coughs
Olly Wehring | 7 May 2009
If, like ourselves, you are heading to London next week for the London International Wine Fair & Distil, you may be concerned about so many people in so confined an area as ExCel, as hysteria surrounding Mexican swine flu grows louder by the day.
Speaking to exhibition organisers Brintex earlier this week, it appears that they have this base covered.
A spokesperson for the company said: “A couple of areas that we feel are particularly worth highlighting are that of glasses and spittoons - further details can be found by clicking here. It is also planned that sanitizer gel will be made available to visitors at registration, glass collection points and in the servicepoints.”
One other thing to bear in mind, the spokesperson said: “Should any member of staff be suffering from flu symptoms they should not attend the event.”
We still await the first press release from any company attending the event who has been quick off the mark with possibly the best advertising opportunity to come our way in years.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends