Blog: LIWF & Distil and the threat of pig coughs
Olly Wehring | 7 May 2009
If, like ourselves, you are heading to London next week for the London International Wine Fair & Distil, you may be concerned about so many people in so confined an area as ExCel, as hysteria surrounding Mexican swine flu grows louder by the day.
Speaking to exhibition organisers Brintex earlier this week, it appears that they have this base covered.
A spokesperson for the company said: “A couple of areas that we feel are particularly worth highlighting are that of glasses and spittoons - further details can be found by clicking here. It is also planned that sanitizer gel will be made available to visitors at registration, glass collection points and in the servicepoints.”
One other thing to bear in mind, the spokesperson said: “Should any member of staff be suffering from flu symptoms they should not attend the event.”
We still await the first press release from any company attending the event who has been quick off the mark with possibly the best advertising opportunity to come our way in years.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- A Keeper of the Quaich writes - Editor's Viewpoint
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends