Blog: LIWF & Distil – All the Fun of the Fair – Day Two
Olly Wehring | 19 May 2010
We're into the business end - day two of the London International Wine Fair is in full swing. Yesterday saw the usual grizzling here at ExCel: Getting here's a nightmare; Food and drink is extortionate; The queue for the cloakroom is outrageous; The spirits section is shrinking.
What is forgotten every year is that, these grizzles are pretty immoveable.
They're here every year and they're part of the experience. And they always, ALWAYS disappear by the second day. As usual, the vibe in the hall is positive and business-like.
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"