Blog: LIWF & Distil – All the Fun of the Fair – Day Two
Olly Wehring | 19 May 2010
We're into the business end - day two of the London International Wine Fair is in full swing. Yesterday saw the usual grizzling here at ExCel: Getting here's a nightmare; Food and drink is extortionate; The queue for the cloakroom is outrageous; The spirits section is shrinking.
What is forgotten every year is that, these grizzles are pretty immoveable.
They're here every year and they're part of the experience. And they always, ALWAYS disappear by the second day. As usual, the vibe in the hall is positive and business-like.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits