Blog: LIWF & Distil – All the Fun of the Fair – Day Three
Olly Wehring | 20 May 2010
We're into the home straight here in London, with this year's wine fair set to close its doors within the next hour. The final day is traditionally the quieter of the three, and this year has been no exception.
But what of Tuesday and Wednesday? Well, the numbers look a bit like this:
Tuesday: 6,367 visitors, an increase of ten (that's ten visitors, not 10%!) on last year.
Wednesday: 4,445 visitors, down a little on the 4,704 of 2009.
Visitor numbers, therefore, have been pretty flat thus far, down by only 0.2%.
That's the quantity, but what of the quality? Only time will tell, and we'll get back to you on that one when the dust has settled.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
Beer consumption in Germany - already pretty impressive - will undoubtedly have enjoyed a spike following celebrations over the nation's FIFA World Cup win. ...
Last night, The Coca-Cola Co's UK division celebrated moving in to its stylish new central London headquarters with a barbecue on its roof-top terrace....
Here are some of the top stories from just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, San Miguel Corp, Stock Spirits and William Grant & Sons....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned