Blog: LIWF 2012: 'Cocooning' now a necessity for many drinkers
James Wilmore | 25 May 2012
'Cocooning' - staying at home to drink - is now a neccesity for many in Western Europe due to the economic climate, rather than a lifestyle choice like it was in the 1990s.
That was one of a number of nuggets that emerged from a Euromonitor briefing at the London International Wine Fair this week.
It was also revealed that Germany tops the charts, when it comes to consumption of private label wines. Around 45% of wine now sold in Germay is private label, according to latest figures. Apparently this is down to the high number of Aldi and Lidl stores in the country.
To download a full copy of the presentation, click here
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research