Blog: LIWF 2009 - Have you REALLY thought this through?
Olly Wehring | 5 May 2009
The London International Wine Fair hasn't even begun yet, but already we may have found the most controversial story from this year's event.
And this one gives Wines of Argentina's “Our wine, our people, our souls” tagline at 2005's event a serious run for its money.
A group of French winemakers, known as Les Terroiristes du Midi, will be taking over stand H50/13 a week today at 1145.
This balaclava-clad gang, representing 23 producers from the south of France “want to strike terroir into the hearts and minds of the British public”, a press release, which arrived today, claims.
“Times are tough for French winegrowers,” a spokesperson said. “As individuals, it is difficult to make our voices heard, but by joining forces we can make a stand.”
“We have decided to resort to terroirism, and firmly believe it is the way forward.”
The identity of the individuals concerned will be revealed at the photo call.
I have one word for you, oh terroiristes: CRAV.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits