Blog: LIWF 2009 - Have you REALLY thought this through?
Olly Wehring | 5 May 2009
The London International Wine Fair hasn't even begun yet, but already we may have found the most controversial story from this year's event.
And this one gives Wines of Argentina's “Our wine, our people, our souls” tagline at 2005's event a serious run for its money.
A group of French winemakers, known as Les Terroiristes du Midi, will be taking over stand H50/13 a week today at 1145.
This balaclava-clad gang, representing 23 producers from the south of France “want to strike terroir into the hearts and minds of the British public”, a press release, which arrived today, claims.
“Times are tough for French winegrowers,” a spokesperson said. “As individuals, it is difficult to make our voices heard, but by joining forces we can make a stand.”
“We have decided to resort to terroirism, and firmly believe it is the way forward.”
The identity of the individuals concerned will be revealed at the photo call.
I have one word for you, oh terroiristes: CRAV.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World