Blog: LIWF 2009 - Have you REALLY thought this through?
Olly Wehring | 5 May 2009
The London International Wine Fair hasn't even begun yet, but already we may have found the most controversial story from this year's event.
And this one gives Wines of Argentina's “Our wine, our people, our souls” tagline at 2005's event a serious run for its money.
A group of French winemakers, known as Les Terroiristes du Midi, will be taking over stand H50/13 a week today at 1145.
This balaclava-clad gang, representing 23 producers from the south of France “want to strike terroir into the hearts and minds of the British public”, a press release, which arrived today, claims.
“Times are tough for French winegrowers,” a spokesperson said. “As individuals, it is difficult to make our voices heard, but by joining forces we can make a stand.”
“We have decided to resort to terroirism, and firmly believe it is the way forward.”
The identity of the individuals concerned will be revealed at the photo call.
I have one word for you, oh terroiristes: CRAV.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends