Blog: LIWF 2009 - Have you REALLY thought this through?
Olly Wehring | 5 May 2009
The London International Wine Fair hasn't even begun yet, but already we may have found the most controversial story from this year's event.
And this one gives Wines of Argentina's “Our wine, our people, our souls” tagline at 2005's event a serious run for its money.
A group of French winemakers, known as Les Terroiristes du Midi, will be taking over stand H50/13 a week today at 1145.
This balaclava-clad gang, representing 23 producers from the south of France “want to strike terroir into the hearts and minds of the British public”, a press release, which arrived today, claims.
“Times are tough for French winegrowers,” a spokesperson said. “As individuals, it is difficult to make our voices heard, but by joining forces we can make a stand.”
“We have decided to resort to terroirism, and firmly believe it is the way forward.”
The identity of the individuals concerned will be revealed at the photo call.
I have one word for you, oh terroiristes: CRAV.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends