Blog: Live from the LIWSF – come and see just-drinks
Olly Wehring | 22 May 2007
The carpet is red and the drinks are free. Yes, it’s the London International Wine & Spirit Fair. Reporting live from the floor, just-drinks is here. Meeting, greeting and, you guessed it, drinking a bit too.
So far, we’ve caught up with KWV, Concha y Toro and WRAP (Waste & Resources Action Programme). We're now on our way to quiz the new CEO of Constellation Europe. It's all go, go, go for us.
If you want to come and say hello at any point, break some news, or simply offer us your business card, please make your way to stand G18. Alternatively, email us at email@example.com and we’ll pop over for a swift one and a chat.
Here's to a great three days.
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch