Blog: Let pirates be pirates
Olly Wehring | 25 April 2012
l to r: A pirate, some Diageo execs, a governor, some more execs
This photo, from the opening of Diageo's Captain Morgan visitor centre in St Croix on the US Virgin Islands, came through earlier this week. It reminded me of my last encounter with a pirate.
In Cape Town with Wines of South Africa four years ago, I attended a party at which a performer - dressed as a pirate - did some pretty fancy juggling and some elaborate trickery with knives.
At the end of the evening, as we were leaving, I saw the pirate. I complimented him on his skills. His response?
Once a pirate...
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets