Blog: Let pirates be pirates
Olly Wehring | 25 April 2012
l to r: A pirate, some Diageo execs, a governor, some more execs
This photo, from the opening of Diageo's Captain Morgan visitor centre in St Croix on the US Virgin Islands, came through earlier this week. It reminded me of my last encounter with a pirate.
In Cape Town with Wines of South Africa four years ago, I attended a party at which a performer - dressed as a pirate - did some pretty fancy juggling and some elaborate trickery with knives.
At the end of the evening, as we were leaving, I saw the pirate. I complimented him on his skills. His response?
Once a pirate...
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK....
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting....
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Martell's CEO & chairman, Philippe Guettat
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Currency woes hurt Latin American FTZs - Diageo
- A-B InBev snaps up Bogotá Beer Co in Colombia
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Beam Suntory defeats 'handmade' lawsuit
- Diageo Canada adds new RTD canning line
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review