Blog: Let pirates be pirates
Olly Wehring | 25 April 2012
l to r: A pirate, some Diageo execs, a governor, some more execs
This photo, from the opening of Diageo's Captain Morgan visitor centre in St Croix on the US Virgin Islands, came through earlier this week. It reminded me of my last encounter with a pirate.
In Cape Town with Wines of South Africa four years ago, I attended a party at which a performer - dressed as a pirate - did some pretty fancy juggling and some elaborate trickery with knives.
At the end of the evening, as we were leaving, I saw the pirate. I complimented him on his skills. His response?
Once a pirate...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
Beer consumption in Germany - already pretty impressive - will undoubtedly have enjoyed a spike following celebrations over the nation's FIFA World Cup win. ...
Last night, The Coca-Cola Co's UK division celebrated moving in to its stylish new central London headquarters with a barbecue on its roof-top terrace....
Here are some of the top stories from just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, San Miguel Corp, Stock Spirits and William Grant & Sons....
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Cognac plays the waiting game in China
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- C&C Group steps down as Portman Group funder
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL