Blog: Leaving on a jet plane
Chris Brook-Carter | 5 November 2004
By Olly Wehring
Having hijacked Chris's blog briefly, I am also about to embark on a voyage that's above my station as well.
just-drinks' California tour begins in earnest tomorrow morning, with my flight departing from London Gatwick at stupid o'clock.
Many thanks to those of you who have invited me to peruse your vineyards and bend the ears of your CEOs. I'm really looking forward to meeting you all over the course of the next four weeks.
As a man who never likes to say no, any other invitations for interviews, lunches, dinners, two-week holidays in Bermuda can be sent to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is Olly Wehring, news editor for just-drinks, signing off from London. Next stop - San Francisco.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World