Blog: Leaving on a jet plane
Chris Brook-Carter | 5 November 2004
By Olly Wehring
Having hijacked Chris's blog briefly, I am also about to embark on a voyage that's above my station as well.
just-drinks' California tour begins in earnest tomorrow morning, with my flight departing from London Gatwick at stupid o'clock.
Many thanks to those of you who have invited me to peruse your vineyards and bend the ears of your CEOs. I'm really looking forward to meeting you all over the course of the next four weeks.
As a man who never likes to say no, any other invitations for interviews, lunches, dinners, two-week holidays in Bermuda can be sent to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is Olly Wehring, news editor for just-drinks, signing off from London. Next stop - San Francisco.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Boston Beer Co outlines Samuel Adams innovation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends