Blog: Landlord! There's too much gas in my pub!
Chris Brook-Carter | 23 September 2005
Here in the UK we love our pubs. But we also love our garden parties, BBQs and summer fetes. How to reconcile the two seemingly opposed pastimes has obviously been haunting entrepreneurs in this country for too long, because finally there is a solution – the inflatable pub.
The company concerned is called Airquee (which apparently is also responsible for the first blow up church?!?) and it claims its invention can be customised for use as a fully working pub, with room for a bar and 30 customers. The pub is 40-feet long, 19-feet long and 22-feet high.
One has to expect it to be a smoke free zone I suppose, and I can’t see the local darts team will be too popular there either.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research