Blog: Landlord! There's too much gas in my pub!
Chris Brook-Carter | 23 September 2005
Here in the UK we love our pubs. But we also love our garden parties, BBQs and summer fetes. How to reconcile the two seemingly opposed pastimes has obviously been haunting entrepreneurs in this country for too long, because finally there is a solution – the inflatable pub.
The company concerned is called Airquee (which apparently is also responsible for the first blow up church?!?) and it claims its invention can be customised for use as a fully working pub, with room for a bar and 30 customers. The pub is 40-feet long, 19-feet long and 22-feet high.
One has to expect it to be a smoke free zone I suppose, and I can’t see the local darts team will be too popular there either.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends