Blog: Lafite Rothschild for how much?
Chris Mercer | 28 June 2011
I'm not just talking about the wine, I'm talking about whole chateau, turrets and all.
The guys over at Liv-ex have been working on valuations for Bordeaux's top chateaux; something that is obviously not that easy to do due to the private ownership that prevails in France's most famous wine region.
However, through various means - largely via a calculation involving current market production, previous transaction prices and current market prices - Liv-ex has come up with a chart of figures.
Topping the list, largely thanks to Chinese thirst, is Lafite Rothschild, which Liv-ex values at EUR3.7bn. Lafite is way out in front, with Latour in second place on a value of just EUR1.28bn.
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring SABMiller, Orangina Schweppes, PepsiCo and Scottish devolution....
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Sustainability in Spirits - Part I
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- Diageo settles Explorers Club trademark dispute
- A-B InBev shakes up Euro units, UK head steps down
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller