Blog: Lafite Rothschild for how much?
Chris Mercer | 28 June 2011
I'm not just talking about the wine, I'm talking about whole chateau, turrets and all.
The guys over at Liv-ex have been working on valuations for Bordeaux's top chateaux; something that is obviously not that easy to do due to the private ownership that prevails in France's most famous wine region.
However, through various means - largely via a calculation involving current market production, previous transaction prices and current market prices - Liv-ex has come up with a chart of figures.
Topping the list, largely thanks to Chinese thirst, is Lafite Rothschild, which Liv-ex values at EUR3.7bn. Lafite is way out in front, with Latour in second place on a value of just EUR1.28bn.
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
Beer consumption in Germany - already pretty impressive - will undoubtedly have enjoyed a spike following celebrations over the nation's FIFA World Cup win. ...
Last night, The Coca-Cola Co's UK division celebrated moving in to its stylish new central London headquarters with a barbecue on its roof-top terrace....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites