Blog: Lafite Rothschild for how much?
Chris Mercer | 28 June 2011
I'm not just talking about the wine, I'm talking about whole chateau, turrets and all.
The guys over at Liv-ex have been working on valuations for Bordeaux's top chateaux; something that is obviously not that easy to do due to the private ownership that prevails in France's most famous wine region.
However, through various means - largely via a calculation involving current market production, previous transaction prices and current market prices - Liv-ex has come up with a chart of figures.
Topping the list, largely thanks to Chinese thirst, is Lafite Rothschild, which Liv-ex values at EUR3.7bn. Lafite is way out in front, with Latour in second place on a value of just EUR1.28bn.
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"