Blog: Lafite Rothschild for how much?
Chris Mercer | 28 June 2011
I'm not just talking about the wine, I'm talking about whole chateau, turrets and all.
The guys over at Liv-ex have been working on valuations for Bordeaux's top chateaux; something that is obviously not that easy to do due to the private ownership that prevails in France's most famous wine region.
However, through various means - largely via a calculation involving current market production, previous transaction prices and current market prices - Liv-ex has come up with a chart of figures.
Topping the list, largely thanks to Chinese thirst, is Lafite Rothschild, which Liv-ex values at EUR3.7bn. Lafite is way out in front, with Latour in second place on a value of just EUR1.28bn.
The UK health lobby is always very vocal on alcohol at this time of year, predictably so, and this year is no different. ...
“Ah, yes, you've hit upon a very sensitive area,” says Thomas, my guide at the Carlsberg Brewery in Copenhagen last Friday....
Experimentation has long been a watchword in the Scotch whisky industry. It is what has given consumers the huge range of ageing options, from refill hogsheads to virgin oak to Sherry butts....
Advertising can be a strange beast. ...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018