Blog: Lafite Rothschild for how much?
Chris Mercer | 28 June 2011
I'm not just talking about the wine, I'm talking about whole chateau, turrets and all.
The guys over at Liv-ex have been working on valuations for Bordeaux's top chateaux; something that is obviously not that easy to do due to the private ownership that prevails in France's most famous wine region.
However, through various means - largely via a calculation involving current market production, previous transaction prices and current market prices - Liv-ex has come up with a chart of figures.
Topping the list, largely thanks to Chinese thirst, is Lafite Rothschild, which Liv-ex values at EUR3.7bn. Lafite is way out in front, with Latour in second place on a value of just EUR1.28bn.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research