Blog: Lafite Rothschild for how much?
Chris Mercer | 28 June 2011
I'm not just talking about the wine, I'm talking about whole chateau, turrets and all.
The guys over at Liv-ex have been working on valuations for Bordeaux's top chateaux; something that is obviously not that easy to do due to the private ownership that prevails in France's most famous wine region.
However, through various means - largely via a calculation involving current market production, previous transaction prices and current market prices - Liv-ex has come up with a chart of figures.
Topping the list, largely thanks to Chinese thirst, is Lafite Rothschild, which Liv-ex values at EUR3.7bn. Lafite is way out in front, with Latour in second place on a value of just EUR1.28bn.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research