Blog: Lafite Rothschild for how much?
Chris Mercer | 28 June 2011
I'm not just talking about the wine, I'm talking about whole chateau, turrets and all.
The guys over at Liv-ex have been working on valuations for Bordeaux's top chateaux; something that is obviously not that easy to do due to the private ownership that prevails in France's most famous wine region.
However, through various means - largely via a calculation involving current market production, previous transaction prices and current market prices - Liv-ex has come up with a chart of figures.
Topping the list, largely thanks to Chinese thirst, is Lafite Rothschild, which Liv-ex values at EUR3.7bn. Lafite is way out in front, with Latour in second place on a value of just EUR1.28bn.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- Analysis - Coca-Cola fails confidence test
- Brazil could have been worse - Coca-Cola Co CEO
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Select