Blog: Lafite Rothschild for how much?
Chris Mercer | 28 June 2011
I'm not just talking about the wine, I'm talking about whole chateau, turrets and all.
The guys over at Liv-ex have been working on valuations for Bordeaux's top chateaux; something that is obviously not that easy to do due to the private ownership that prevails in France's most famous wine region.
However, through various means - largely via a calculation involving current market production, previous transaction prices and current market prices - Liv-ex has come up with a chart of figures.
Topping the list, largely thanks to Chinese thirst, is Lafite Rothschild, which Liv-ex values at EUR3.7bn. Lafite is way out in front, with Latour in second place on a value of just EUR1.28bn.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Carlsberg, Heineken, Coca-Cola Amatil, California's winelands and Cognac....
The Coca-Cola Co's Keurig Cold machine won't be out until next year. But co-developer Keurig Green Mountain has given us a taste with the unveiling this weekend of another at-home beverage platform, t...
It's a bank holiday here in the UK on Monday (25 August). just-drinks' team will be taking a well-earned lie down. ...
Poland is hardly noted for its cider consumption, but all this could be about to change. ...
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018