Blog: Knighthood for wine importer
Chris Mercer | 31 March 2010
France has awarded a knighthood to a US wine importer.
US-based Jon-David Headrick will be appointed a Chevalier dans l'Ordre du Merite Agricole, one of the highest civilian awards given by the government of France, it was announced today (31 March).
Headrick specialises in Loire Valley wines, and particularly those from organically grown grapes.
"It is very encouraging to see the French Government recognising the work of our winemakers who still make wine the 'hard way' as well as the work of our team who has spread the word about these family-owned wineries," Headrick said.
We don't doubt Headrick's commitment, hard work and passion.
But, in a turbulent time for French wine abroad, is the Government reminding Headrick who his friends are?
Perhaps we are too cynical...
Chris M, deputy ed.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Ex-William Grant CEO Stella David re-joins Bacardi
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends