Blog: Knighthood for wine importer
Chris Mercer | 31 March 2010
France has awarded a knighthood to a US wine importer.
US-based Jon-David Headrick will be appointed a Chevalier dans l'Ordre du Merite Agricole, one of the highest civilian awards given by the government of France, it was announced today (31 March).
Headrick specialises in Loire Valley wines, and particularly those from organically grown grapes.
"It is very encouraging to see the French Government recognising the work of our winemakers who still make wine the 'hard way' as well as the work of our team who has spread the word about these family-owned wineries," Headrick said.
We don't doubt Headrick's commitment, hard work and passion.
But, in a turbulent time for French wine abroad, is the Government reminding Headrick who his friends are?
Perhaps we are too cynical...
Chris M, deputy ed.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends