Blog: Knighthood for wine importer
Chris Mercer | 31 March 2010
France has awarded a knighthood to a US wine importer.
US-based Jon-David Headrick will be appointed a Chevalier dans l'Ordre du Merite Agricole, one of the highest civilian awards given by the government of France, it was announced today (31 March).
Headrick specialises in Loire Valley wines, and particularly those from organically grown grapes.
"It is very encouraging to see the French Government recognising the work of our winemakers who still make wine the 'hard way' as well as the work of our team who has spread the word about these family-owned wineries," Headrick said.
We don't doubt Headrick's commitment, hard work and passion.
But, in a turbulent time for French wine abroad, is the Government reminding Headrick who his friends are?
Perhaps we are too cynical...
Chris M, deputy ed.
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends