Blog: Knighthood for wine importer
Chris Mercer | 31 March 2010
France has awarded a knighthood to a US wine importer.
US-based Jon-David Headrick will be appointed a Chevalier dans l'Ordre du Merite Agricole, one of the highest civilian awards given by the government of France, it was announced today (31 March).
Headrick specialises in Loire Valley wines, and particularly those from organically grown grapes.
"It is very encouraging to see the French Government recognising the work of our winemakers who still make wine the 'hard way' as well as the work of our team who has spread the word about these family-owned wineries," Headrick said.
We don't doubt Headrick's commitment, hard work and passion.
But, in a turbulent time for French wine abroad, is the Government reminding Headrick who his friends are?
Perhaps we are too cynical...
Chris M, deputy ed.
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report