Blog: Knighthood for wine importer
Chris Mercer | 31 March 2010
France has awarded a knighthood to a US wine importer.
US-based Jon-David Headrick will be appointed a Chevalier dans l'Ordre du Merite Agricole, one of the highest civilian awards given by the government of France, it was announced today (31 March).
Headrick specialises in Loire Valley wines, and particularly those from organically grown grapes.
"It is very encouraging to see the French Government recognising the work of our winemakers who still make wine the 'hard way' as well as the work of our team who has spread the word about these family-owned wineries," Headrick said.
We don't doubt Headrick's commitment, hard work and passion.
But, in a turbulent time for French wine abroad, is the Government reminding Headrick who his friends are?
Perhaps we are too cynical...
Chris M, deputy ed.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends