Blog: KKK? Oh, for Pete's sake
Chris Brook-Carter | 27 April 2004
As any successful politician can testify, bad-mouthing the other guy doesn’t hurt your chances of getting into office. So Peter Coors, the chairman of Coors Brewing might think someone is trying to bad-mouth his attempt to become senator of Colarado? If they are, they might want to be a bit more subtle about it.
Last week, the New York Times misidentified Coors as a Ku Klux Klan member who murdered a black sharecropper. The story, concerning a court ruling on Louisiana resident Ernest Avants’ conviction in the slaying, had an accompanying photo. Instead of a picture of Avants, the paper mistakenly printed a photo of Coors.
The Coors campaign for the Republican candidacy found the error “so outrageous it’s kind of funny,” a spokeswoman said. “It could have been worse,” she joked. “Pete could have been identified as (Democrat presidential candidate) John Kerry.”
This weekend, Bacardi is hosting a three-day music event on the private island of Palomino just off the coast of Puerto Rico....
Warmest thanks to all of you who filled in our annual readers' survey this month. The results are very important for us to learn from and look to improve our service to you....
Today's news that German spirits firm Mast-Jägermeister has joined UK responsible drinking organisation The Portman Group may raise eyebrows in some quarters....
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Comment - Has Scotch Whisky Jumped the Shark?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Wine in the United Kingdom
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review