Blog: KKK? Oh, for Pete's sake
Chris Brook-Carter | 27 April 2004
As any successful politician can testify, bad-mouthing the other guy doesn’t hurt your chances of getting into office. So Peter Coors, the chairman of Coors Brewing might think someone is trying to bad-mouth his attempt to become senator of Colarado? If they are, they might want to be a bit more subtle about it.
Last week, the New York Times misidentified Coors as a Ku Klux Klan member who murdered a black sharecropper. The story, concerning a court ruling on Louisiana resident Ernest Avants’ conviction in the slaying, had an accompanying photo. Instead of a picture of Avants, the paper mistakenly printed a photo of Coors.
The Coors campaign for the Republican candidacy found the error “so outrageous it’s kind of funny,” a spokeswoman said. “It could have been worse,” she joked. “Pete could have been identified as (Democrat presidential candidate) John Kerry.”
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Making consumers the centre of your business
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research