Blog: KKK? Oh, for Pete's sake
Chris Brook-Carter | 27 April 2004
As any successful politician can testify, bad-mouthing the other guy doesn’t hurt your chances of getting into office. So Peter Coors, the chairman of Coors Brewing might think someone is trying to bad-mouth his attempt to become senator of Colarado? If they are, they might want to be a bit more subtle about it.
Last week, the New York Times misidentified Coors as a Ku Klux Klan member who murdered a black sharecropper. The story, concerning a court ruling on Louisiana resident Ernest Avants’ conviction in the slaying, had an accompanying photo. Instead of a picture of Avants, the paper mistakenly printed a photo of Coors.
The Coors campaign for the Republican candidacy found the error “so outrageous it’s kind of funny,” a spokeswoman said. “It could have been worse,” she joked. “Pete could have been identified as (Democrat presidential candidate) John Kerry.”
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages