Blog: KKK? Oh, for Pete's sake
Chris Brook-Carter | 27 April 2004
As any successful politician can testify, bad-mouthing the other guy doesn’t hurt your chances of getting into office. So Peter Coors, the chairman of Coors Brewing might think someone is trying to bad-mouth his attempt to become senator of Colarado? If they are, they might want to be a bit more subtle about it.
Last week, the New York Times misidentified Coors as a Ku Klux Klan member who murdered a black sharecropper. The story, concerning a court ruling on Louisiana resident Ernest Avants’ conviction in the slaying, had an accompanying photo. Instead of a picture of Avants, the paper mistakenly printed a photo of Coors.
The Coors campaign for the Republican candidacy found the error “so outrageous it’s kind of funny,” a spokeswoman said. “It could have been worse,” she joked. “Pete could have been identified as (Democrat presidential candidate) John Kerry.”
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends