Blog: Kim Jong-il's taste for... Perrier Water
Chris Mercer | 19 August 2010
Imagine that you are the undisputed head of a dictatorship, complete with nuclear warhead arsenal and with the ability to spend a fifth of your country's income on whatever you so choose.
That's what Kim Jong-il has to contend with every day, and do you know what gets him through? But, of course, it's Perrier Water.
Apparently Nestle's sparkling water brand is just one of life's little luxuries that the Dear Leader cannot do without. Another is Pernod Ricard's Martell Cognac, according to a defector from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
Kim Jong-il's taste for Perrier is almost as surprising as news that the coach of the country's football team has been "given a second chance [at life??]" following World Cup disappointment.
I wonder if he's ordered any of those bottles with Dita Von Teese on them...
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review