Blog: Kim Jong-il's taste for... Perrier Water
Chris Mercer | 19 August 2010
Imagine that you are the undisputed head of a dictatorship, complete with nuclear warhead arsenal and with the ability to spend a fifth of your country's income on whatever you so choose.
That's what Kim Jong-il has to contend with every day, and do you know what gets him through? But, of course, it's Perrier Water.
Apparently Nestle's sparkling water brand is just one of life's little luxuries that the Dear Leader cannot do without. Another is Pernod Ricard's Martell Cognac, according to a defector from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
Kim Jong-il's taste for Perrier is almost as surprising as news that the coach of the country's football team has been "given a second chance [at life??]" following World Cup disappointment.
I wonder if he's ordered any of those bottles with Dita Von Teese on them...
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends