Blog: Kim Jong-il's taste for... Perrier Water
Chris Mercer | 19 August 2010
Imagine that you are the undisputed head of a dictatorship, complete with nuclear warhead arsenal and with the ability to spend a fifth of your country's income on whatever you so choose.
That's what Kim Jong-il has to contend with every day, and do you know what gets him through? But, of course, it's Perrier Water.
Apparently Nestle's sparkling water brand is just one of life's little luxuries that the Dear Leader cannot do without. Another is Pernod Ricard's Martell Cognac, according to a defector from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
Kim Jong-il's taste for Perrier is almost as surprising as news that the coach of the country's football team has been "given a second chance [at life??]" following World Cup disappointment.
I wonder if he's ordered any of those bottles with Dita Von Teese on them...
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research