Blog: Kim Jong-il's taste for... Perrier Water
Chris Mercer | 19 August 2010
Imagine that you are the undisputed head of a dictatorship, complete with nuclear warhead arsenal and with the ability to spend a fifth of your country's income on whatever you so choose.
That's what Kim Jong-il has to contend with every day, and do you know what gets him through? But, of course, it's Perrier Water.
Apparently Nestle's sparkling water brand is just one of life's little luxuries that the Dear Leader cannot do without. Another is Pernod Ricard's Martell Cognac, according to a defector from the Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
Kim Jong-il's taste for Perrier is almost as surprising as news that the coach of the country's football team has been "given a second chance [at life??]" following World Cup disappointment.
I wonder if he's ordered any of those bottles with Dita Von Teese on them...
It's yet another sign that the legal marijuana business is moving closer to the alcohol industry in the US....
Collecting wine is big business – and so is faking it. So, how do you tell your Chateau Lafite from your Chateau La Counterfeit?...
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
- Comment - Scotch's Battle with Age
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- Brown-Forman's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Pernod Ricard to up focus on consumers - CEO
- Diageo to close Maryland bottling site
- A-B InBev GSA head in drink-driving crash
- Diageo creates USL unit to oversee own brands
- Pernod Ricard on US starting blocks with Havanista
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer