Blog: just-drinks: You're tuned to the right station
Olly Wehring | 22 January 2007
British modesty sometimes makes it difficult for just-drinks to big itself up too much. As I have German parentage, however, I have no such problem with singing the praises of this site.
You may have noticed that the number of scoops on just-drinks is growing month-by-month, week-by-week. Earlier this month, for example, we spoke to the senior investment manager at Swedish private equity group Ratos about its position on the sale of Vin & Sprit. Leif Johansson told us: “Ratos and Arcus [the Norwegian wine and spirits group owned by Ratos] are discussing a new strategy that would focus on the development of local brands. We are open to looking at the possibility of acquiring V&S, but our interest is only in the V&S operations and brands that exclude Absolut.”
Always nice to get there first, I feel - also nice to help out the bigger boys whenever the occasion arises.
Keep it tuned to just-drinks.com, folks. You know it makes sense.
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1