Blog: just-drinks: You're tuned to the right station
Olly Wehring | 22 January 2007
British modesty sometimes makes it difficult for just-drinks to big itself up too much. As I have German parentage, however, I have no such problem with singing the praises of this site.
You may have noticed that the number of scoops on just-drinks is growing month-by-month, week-by-week. Earlier this month, for example, we spoke to the senior investment manager at Swedish private equity group Ratos about its position on the sale of Vin & Sprit. Leif Johansson told us: “Ratos and Arcus [the Norwegian wine and spirits group owned by Ratos] are discussing a new strategy that would focus on the development of local brands. We are open to looking at the possibility of acquiring V&S, but our interest is only in the V&S operations and brands that exclude Absolut.”
Always nice to get there first, I feel - also nice to help out the bigger boys whenever the occasion arises.
Keep it tuned to just-drinks.com, folks. You know it makes sense.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, soft drinks NPD, the Champagne category and international beer brands....
Heavy metal legend Bruce Dickinson - lead singer of the band Iron Maiden, for the unitiated - is clearly a man not afraid to get his hands dirty. ...
The homebrewing revival continues in the UK - and evidence has come that even the supermarket chains are taking it semi-seriously. ...
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists....
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's Allegro cost-saving programme
- Comment - Diageo's Distill Ventures: One Year On
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Wine Australia reports death of UK, Europe boss
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Diageo takes Haig Club to Singapore airport