Blog: just-drinks: You're tuned to the right station
Olly Wehring | 22 January 2007
British modesty sometimes makes it difficult for just-drinks to big itself up too much. As I have German parentage, however, I have no such problem with singing the praises of this site.
You may have noticed that the number of scoops on just-drinks is growing month-by-month, week-by-week. Earlier this month, for example, we spoke to the senior investment manager at Swedish private equity group Ratos about its position on the sale of Vin & Sprit. Leif Johansson told us: “Ratos and Arcus [the Norwegian wine and spirits group owned by Ratos] are discussing a new strategy that would focus on the development of local brands. We are open to looking at the possibility of acquiring V&S, but our interest is only in the V&S operations and brands that exclude Absolut.”
Always nice to get there first, I feel - also nice to help out the bigger boys whenever the occasion arises.
Keep it tuned to just-drinks.com, folks. You know it makes sense.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World