Blog: just-drinks: You're tuned to the right station
Olly Wehring | 22 January 2007
British modesty sometimes makes it difficult for just-drinks to big itself up too much. As I have German parentage, however, I have no such problem with singing the praises of this site.
You may have noticed that the number of scoops on just-drinks is growing month-by-month, week-by-week. Earlier this month, for example, we spoke to the senior investment manager at Swedish private equity group Ratos about its position on the sale of Vin & Sprit. Leif Johansson told us: “Ratos and Arcus [the Norwegian wine and spirits group owned by Ratos] are discussing a new strategy that would focus on the development of local brands. We are open to looking at the possibility of acquiring V&S, but our interest is only in the V&S operations and brands that exclude Absolut.”
Always nice to get there first, I feel - also nice to help out the bigger boys whenever the occasion arises.
Keep it tuned to just-drinks.com, folks. You know it makes sense.
It has been about two years since Heineken sponsored the 23rd James Bond movie, Skyfall. Remember when the brewer scored a huge marketing coup by arranging a scene in which the British super spy takes...
Part of a sainted tradition or a waste of a perfectly good whisky? That was the question some may have been asking when Queen Elizabeth II launched the Royal Navy's newest vessel in Scotland today (4 ...
Insomniac radio listeners may have heard me on the BBC World Service this morning, discussing the launch of baijiu in the US....
Check out this infographic courtesy of FinancesOnline.com, which looks at the state of beer brands and prices around the world....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team