Blog: just-drinks switches on the spotlight
Olly Wehring | 1 October 2007
Today, just-drinks has launched a feature that aims to shine a spotlight on the drinks industry executives who dominate our news pages.
We have a double header under the microscope first in S&N executives Tony Froggatt and John Dunsmore, the outgoing and incoming CEOs of the UK brewer.
The earlier-than-expected departure of Froggatt as CEO has set the City rumour-mill churning.
The brewer insists the move is a planned succession but, as Chris Brook-Carter writes, whatever the reasons behind Froggatt’s accelerated departure, Dunsmore will have little time to settle into his new job before addressing shareholders’ concerns.
We take a look at the implications of the move by S&N's board as we kick-off our series of profiles of the leading lights in our field – whether they’ve had a good, bad or indifferent time in the spotlight.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits