Blog: just-drinks switches on the spotlight
Olly Wehring | 1 October 2007
Today, just-drinks has launched a feature that aims to shine a spotlight on the drinks industry executives who dominate our news pages.
We have a double header under the microscope first in S&N executives Tony Froggatt and John Dunsmore, the outgoing and incoming CEOs of the UK brewer.
The earlier-than-expected departure of Froggatt as CEO has set the City rumour-mill churning.
The brewer insists the move is a planned succession but, as Chris Brook-Carter writes, whatever the reasons behind Froggatt’s accelerated departure, Dunsmore will have little time to settle into his new job before addressing shareholders’ concerns.
We take a look at the implications of the move by S&N's board as we kick-off our series of profiles of the leading lights in our field – whether they’ve had a good, bad or indifferent time in the spotlight.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World