Blog: just-drinks switches on the spotlight
Olly Wehring | 1 October 2007
Today, just-drinks has launched a feature that aims to shine a spotlight on the drinks industry executives who dominate our news pages.
We have a double header under the microscope first in S&N executives Tony Froggatt and John Dunsmore, the outgoing and incoming CEOs of the UK brewer.
The earlier-than-expected departure of Froggatt as CEO has set the City rumour-mill churning.
The brewer insists the move is a planned succession but, as Chris Brook-Carter writes, whatever the reasons behind Froggatt’s accelerated departure, Dunsmore will have little time to settle into his new job before addressing shareholders’ concerns.
We take a look at the implications of the move by S&N's board as we kick-off our series of profiles of the leading lights in our field – whether they’ve had a good, bad or indifferent time in the spotlight.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range