Blog: just-drinks switches on the spotlight
Olly Wehring | 1 October 2007
Today, just-drinks has launched a feature that aims to shine a spotlight on the drinks industry executives who dominate our news pages.
We have a double header under the microscope first in S&N executives Tony Froggatt and John Dunsmore, the outgoing and incoming CEOs of the UK brewer.
The earlier-than-expected departure of Froggatt as CEO has set the City rumour-mill churning.
The brewer insists the move is a planned succession but, as Chris Brook-Carter writes, whatever the reasons behind Froggatt’s accelerated departure, Dunsmore will have little time to settle into his new job before addressing shareholders’ concerns.
We take a look at the implications of the move by S&N's board as we kick-off our series of profiles of the leading lights in our field – whether they’ve had a good, bad or indifferent time in the spotlight.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020