Blog: just-drinks switches on the spotlight
Olly Wehring | 1 October 2007
Today, just-drinks has launched a feature that aims to shine a spotlight on the drinks industry executives who dominate our news pages.
We have a double header under the microscope first in S&N executives Tony Froggatt and John Dunsmore, the outgoing and incoming CEOs of the UK brewer.
The earlier-than-expected departure of Froggatt as CEO has set the City rumour-mill churning.
The brewer insists the move is a planned succession but, as Chris Brook-Carter writes, whatever the reasons behind Froggatt’s accelerated departure, Dunsmore will have little time to settle into his new job before addressing shareholders’ concerns.
We take a look at the implications of the move by S&N's board as we kick-off our series of profiles of the leading lights in our field – whether they’ve had a good, bad or indifferent time in the spotlight.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends