Blog: just-drinks' spirits brand rating survey - Over to you
Chris Brook-Carter | 2 August 2011
just-drinks' inaugural spirits brand rating survey has gone live this week. Let's be clear straight away, the results of this survey - combined with performance data from our partners IWSR - are not meant to merely mirror other rankings out there on the market, which tend to reflect only the size of the brands, either by volume or value. Our aim here is to produce a report that gives something far more complex and, hopefully, more useful; a reflection of a brand's performance and its perception in the market.
How do you measure performance, though? After a great deal of discussion, IWSR has scored each brand via a mix of its market volume, value, recent growth and pricing. just-drinks' readers will now be asked to look at each brand that currently leads its category on the above mix and give us their views on each brand's strengths and weaknesses. Each reader will also get the chance to take surveys within sub-categories such as rum, vodka and whisky. So, if your favourite brand isn't currently listed on the first page as a category leader, keep going and you'll probably find it later in the survey.
As with all these lists, our results as they currently stand, and in the final report, are bound to cause controversy - but that's half the fun isn't it? We have already had enquiries as to why certain big hitting brands are absent from the category leaders page? All I can say is that, whilst they may command impressive volumes, they may have fallen down on one or two of the other key criteria.
The end result, we hope, will be a unique take on the global spirits market and a clear view of brands everyone should be taking note of.
To take the survey, click here.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends