Blog: just-drinks' spirits brand rating survey - Over to you
Chris Brook-Carter | 2 August 2011
just-drinks' inaugural spirits brand rating survey has gone live this week. Let's be clear straight away, the results of this survey - combined with performance data from our partners IWSR - are not meant to merely mirror other rankings out there on the market, which tend to reflect only the size of the brands, either by volume or value. Our aim here is to produce a report that gives something far more complex and, hopefully, more useful; a reflection of a brand's performance and its perception in the market.
How do you measure performance, though? After a great deal of discussion, IWSR has scored each brand via a mix of its market volume, value, recent growth and pricing. just-drinks' readers will now be asked to look at each brand that currently leads its category on the above mix and give us their views on each brand's strengths and weaknesses. Each reader will also get the chance to take surveys within sub-categories such as rum, vodka and whisky. So, if your favourite brand isn't currently listed on the first page as a category leader, keep going and you'll probably find it later in the survey.
As with all these lists, our results as they currently stand, and in the final report, are bound to cause controversy - but that's half the fun isn't it? We have already had enquiries as to why certain big hitting brands are absent from the category leaders page? All I can say is that, whilst they may command impressive volumes, they may have fallen down on one or two of the other key criteria.
The end result, we hope, will be a unique take on the global spirits market and a clear view of brands everyone should be taking note of.
To take the survey, click here.
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
It is with great sadness that I announce that just-drinks' deputy editor, James Wilmore, will be leaving us next month....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets