Blog: just-drinks' spirits brand rating survey - Over to you
Chris Brook-Carter | 2 August 2011
just-drinks' inaugural spirits brand rating survey has gone live this week. Let's be clear straight away, the results of this survey - combined with performance data from our partners IWSR - are not meant to merely mirror other rankings out there on the market, which tend to reflect only the size of the brands, either by volume or value. Our aim here is to produce a report that gives something far more complex and, hopefully, more useful; a reflection of a brand's performance and its perception in the market.
How do you measure performance, though? After a great deal of discussion, IWSR has scored each brand via a mix of its market volume, value, recent growth and pricing. just-drinks' readers will now be asked to look at each brand that currently leads its category on the above mix and give us their views on each brand's strengths and weaknesses. Each reader will also get the chance to take surveys within sub-categories such as rum, vodka and whisky. So, if your favourite brand isn't currently listed on the first page as a category leader, keep going and you'll probably find it later in the survey.
As with all these lists, our results as they currently stand, and in the final report, are bound to cause controversy - but that's half the fun isn't it? We have already had enquiries as to why certain big hitting brands are absent from the category leaders page? All I can say is that, whilst they may command impressive volumes, they may have fallen down on one or two of the other key criteria.
The end result, we hope, will be a unique take on the global spirits market and a clear view of brands everyone should be taking note of.
To take the survey, click here.
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research