Blog: just-drinks' spirits brand rating survey - Over to you
Chris Brook-Carter | 2 August 2011
just-drinks' inaugural spirits brand rating survey has gone live this week. Let's be clear straight away, the results of this survey - combined with performance data from our partners IWSR - are not meant to merely mirror other rankings out there on the market, which tend to reflect only the size of the brands, either by volume or value. Our aim here is to produce a report that gives something far more complex and, hopefully, more useful; a reflection of a brand's performance and its perception in the market.
How do you measure performance, though? After a great deal of discussion, IWSR has scored each brand via a mix of its market volume, value, recent growth and pricing. just-drinks' readers will now be asked to look at each brand that currently leads its category on the above mix and give us their views on each brand's strengths and weaknesses. Each reader will also get the chance to take surveys within sub-categories such as rum, vodka and whisky. So, if your favourite brand isn't currently listed on the first page as a category leader, keep going and you'll probably find it later in the survey.
As with all these lists, our results as they currently stand, and in the final report, are bound to cause controversy - but that's half the fun isn't it? We have already had enquiries as to why certain big hitting brands are absent from the category leaders page? All I can say is that, whilst they may command impressive volumes, they may have fallen down on one or two of the other key criteria.
The end result, we hope, will be a unique take on the global spirits market and a clear view of brands everyone should be taking note of.
To take the survey, click here.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends