Blog: just-drinks on the BBC over Britvic
James Wilmore | 23 May 2013
Britvic's plans to close three of its UK sites has caused a bit of stir, not least in the county I was raised, Essex.
The company's Chelmsford factory is due to close as the firm presses ahead with a cost-cutting new strategy. With reports of around 230 job losses in Essex, where the company was founded, local BBC media in the area were keen to get to the bottom of the story.
After an early morning coffee today (23 May) and a clearing of the throat, I spoke to BBC Essex about the company's plans and the wider soft drinks sector.
You can hear the interview here at around 1hour 5mins in.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review