Blog: just-drinks on the BBC over Britvic
James Wilmore | 23 May 2013
Britvic's plans to close three of its UK sites has caused a bit of stir, not least in the county I was raised, Essex.
The company's Chelmsford factory is due to close as the firm presses ahead with a cost-cutting new strategy. With reports of around 230 job losses in Essex, where the company was founded, local BBC media in the area were keen to get to the bottom of the story.
After an early morning coffee today (23 May) and a clearing of the throat, I spoke to BBC Essex about the company's plans and the wider soft drinks sector.
You can hear the interview here at around 1hour 5mins in.
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring AG Barr, Bombay Sapphire, Wines of South Africa and Pabst Brewing Co....
It seems there's not much in the world that can make people smile these days. Luckily, we're part of an industry that has just been scientifically proven to do just that. ...
Despite accounting for just a small percentage of overall sales, craft beer is making an impression on the US....
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring SABMiller, Orangina Schweppes, PepsiCo and Scottish devolution....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- NPD in Alcoholic Drinks
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits