Blog: just-drinks on the BBC over Britvic
James Wilmore | 23 May 2013
Britvic's plans to close three of its UK sites has caused a bit of stir, not least in the county I was raised, Essex.
The company's Chelmsford factory is due to close as the firm presses ahead with a cost-cutting new strategy. With reports of around 230 job losses in Essex, where the company was founded, local BBC media in the area were keen to get to the bottom of the story.
After an early morning coffee today (23 May) and a clearing of the throat, I spoke to BBC Essex about the company's plans and the wider soft drinks sector.
You can hear the interview here at around 1hour 5mins in.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Should Boston Beer Co put up the For Sale sign?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- AB InBev snaps up Italy's Birra del Borgo
- Smirnoff Ice Electric flavours - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends