Blog: Just-drinks new news editor - She speaks!
Olly Wehring | 20 April 2007
As a change from the usual blog, as written by my esteemed editor, let me introduce myself. I’m Jessica Harvey, and I’m now the news editor here at just-drinks. It’s been a busy first week.
Here begins the unstructured warble:
Firstly, thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to get in contact. I promise to answer all of your emails personally very soon and look forward to meeting most of you in person at some stage too.
In an effort to summarise my impressions of entering the drinks industry and not sounding like too much of a naïve, swotty little upstart (that I am), I shall keep it short.
In fact, I’ll bullet point. Here goes. My week has been filled with:
Early starts, travelling outside of Central London, press releases, international dialling codes, wine tasting, unique content, Olly forcing his music taste on me, learning keyboard shortcuts, drinking on an empty stomach, MSN Messenger, spilling stuff dangerously close to the laptop.
I thank you.
Drop me a line soon. It gives me an excuse to use my new calendar.
Jessica can be contacted at email@example.com.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends