Blog: Just-drinks new news editor - She speaks!
Olly Wehring | 20 April 2007
As a change from the usual blog, as written by my esteemed editor, let me introduce myself. I’m Jessica Harvey, and I’m now the news editor here at just-drinks. It’s been a busy first week.
Here begins the unstructured warble:
Firstly, thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to get in contact. I promise to answer all of your emails personally very soon and look forward to meeting most of you in person at some stage too.
In an effort to summarise my impressions of entering the drinks industry and not sounding like too much of a naïve, swotty little upstart (that I am), I shall keep it short.
In fact, I’ll bullet point. Here goes. My week has been filled with:
Early starts, travelling outside of Central London, press releases, international dialling codes, wine tasting, unique content, Olly forcing his music taste on me, learning keyboard shortcuts, drinking on an empty stomach, MSN Messenger, spilling stuff dangerously close to the laptop.
I thank you.
Drop me a line soon. It gives me an excuse to use my new calendar.
Jessica can be contacted at email@example.com.
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1