Blog: Just-drinks new news editor - She speaks!
Olly Wehring | 20 April 2007
As a change from the usual blog, as written by my esteemed editor, let me introduce myself. I’m Jessica Harvey, and I’m now the news editor here at just-drinks. It’s been a busy first week.
Here begins the unstructured warble:
Firstly, thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to get in contact. I promise to answer all of your emails personally very soon and look forward to meeting most of you in person at some stage too.
In an effort to summarise my impressions of entering the drinks industry and not sounding like too much of a naïve, swotty little upstart (that I am), I shall keep it short.
In fact, I’ll bullet point. Here goes. My week has been filled with:
Early starts, travelling outside of Central London, press releases, international dialling codes, wine tasting, unique content, Olly forcing his music taste on me, learning keyboard shortcuts, drinking on an empty stomach, MSN Messenger, spilling stuff dangerously close to the laptop.
I thank you.
Drop me a line soon. It gives me an excuse to use my new calendar.
Jessica can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
Beer consumption in Germany - already pretty impressive - will undoubtedly have enjoyed a spike following celebrations over the nation's FIFA World Cup win. ...
Last night, The Coca-Cola Co's UK division celebrated moving in to its stylish new central London headquarters with a barbecue on its roof-top terrace....
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites