Blog: "just-drinks"? More like "just-Diageo"
Olly Wehring | 18 November 2011
You may have noticed that we have a hot topic running on just-drinks at the moment, concerning my recent jaunt to New York. Travelling on Diageo's dollar, I crossed the Atlantic earlier this week, to spend two days in the company of the wine and spirits giant's executive team.
Whilst just-drinks may actually resemble just-Diageo today, bear in mind that, for 48 hours, I was granted access to the firm's CEO, CFO, and presidents for Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the US.
Such an opportunity does not arrive that often. Hence, our blanket coverage.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring AG Barr, Bombay Sapphire, Wines of South Africa and Pabst Brewing Co....
It seems there's not much in the world that can make people smile these days. Luckily, we're part of an industry that has just been scientifically proven to do just that. ...
Despite accounting for just a small percentage of overall sales, craft beer is making an impression on the US....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- NPD in Alcoholic Drinks
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits