Blog: "just-drinks"? More like "just-Diageo"
Olly Wehring | 18 November 2011
You may have noticed that we have a hot topic running on just-drinks at the moment, concerning my recent jaunt to New York. Travelling on Diageo's dollar, I crossed the Atlantic earlier this week, to spend two days in the company of the wine and spirits giant's executive team.
Whilst just-drinks may actually resemble just-Diageo today, bear in mind that, for 48 hours, I was granted access to the firm's CEO, CFO, and presidents for Africa, Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and the US.
Such an opportunity does not arrive that often. Hence, our blanket coverage.
Normal service will be resumed as soon as possible.
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
Beer consumption in Germany - already pretty impressive - will undoubtedly have enjoyed a spike following celebrations over the nation's FIFA World Cup win. ...
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites