Blog: just-drinks meets Mika Hakkinen
Olly Wehring | 22 October 2009
Yes, the same Mika Hakkinen that drives Formula One cars very fast.
just-drinks took time out at TFWA in Cannes yesterday (21 October) to quiz him about his role as a responsible drinking ambassador for Diageo.
Hakkinen rocked up at the Diageo stand in the afternoon and, after politely signing autographs for most people in the vicinity, sat down for a question and answer session with journalists.
The former Formula One World Champion is leading Diageo's global "Join the Pact" campaign to stamp out drink driving. Hakkinen has been taking the message to countries hosting Formula One Grand Prix races this year, from Asia to Latin America. He and Diageo representatives have met with both fans and Government officials.
"Diageo is spending a lot of money on this campaign. It is a huge effort and a lot of people are working on it," said Hakkinen, who first became involved in Diageo's anti-drink driving campaigns in 2006, via the drinks company's sponsorship of Formula One team McLaren Mercedes.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range