Blog: just-drinks meets Mika Hakkinen
Olly Wehring | 22 October 2009
Yes, the same Mika Hakkinen that drives Formula One cars very fast.
just-drinks took time out at TFWA in Cannes yesterday (21 October) to quiz him about his role as a responsible drinking ambassador for Diageo.
Hakkinen rocked up at the Diageo stand in the afternoon and, after politely signing autographs for most people in the vicinity, sat down for a question and answer session with journalists.
The former Formula One World Champion is leading Diageo's global "Join the Pact" campaign to stamp out drink driving. Hakkinen has been taking the message to countries hosting Formula One Grand Prix races this year, from Asia to Latin America. He and Diageo representatives have met with both fans and Government officials.
"Diageo is spending a lot of money on this campaign. It is a huge effort and a lot of people are working on it," said Hakkinen, who first became involved in Diageo's anti-drink driving campaigns in 2006, via the drinks company's sponsorship of Formula One team McLaren Mercedes.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends