Blog: just-drinks done a press release
Olly Wehring | 16 March 2012
This just hit the wires, people. Keeping you in the loop.
Editorial Team Gets Shake-Up at just-drinks
BROMSGROVE, England, March 16, 2012
just-drinks.com has recruited a new deputy editor and reporter.
just-drinks, the leading online information, insight and intelligence provider for the global drinks industry, has appointed James Wilmore to replace Chris Mercer as deputy editor. James, 35, has spent the last year as a freelance journalist for the likes of Caterer & Hotelkeeper, Harpers Wine & Spirit and Imbibe. He was previously deputy news editor at The Publican for six years.
Working remotely in London, he replaces Chris Mercer, who is set to go freelance. Chris will continue with just-drinks, however, as a regular commentator on the drinks industry.
Assuming the position from 12 March, James will head up the day-to-day news and feature output, as well as dealing with freelance pitches. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting on 2 April, meanwhile, Andy Morton joins just-drinks as reporter. Andy, also 35, has just completed PMA Media Training's post-graduate diploma in magazine journalism. He has also held writing and sub-editing roles with Sydney Morning Herald, Shanghai Daily and Taipei Times.
Michelle Russell, formerly senior reporter with just-drinks, has been promoted to the news editor role at sister site just-food.
Working across all beverage sectors covered by just-drinks - beer, bottled water, soft drinks, spirits and wine - Andy will be based in just-drinks' head office in Bromsgrove.
Both James and Andy will report in to managing editor Olly Wehring.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits