Blog: just-drinks done a press release
Olly Wehring | 16 March 2012
This just hit the wires, people. Keeping you in the loop.
Editorial Team Gets Shake-Up at just-drinks
BROMSGROVE, England, March 16, 2012
just-drinks.com has recruited a new deputy editor and reporter.
just-drinks, the leading online information, insight and intelligence provider for the global drinks industry, has appointed James Wilmore to replace Chris Mercer as deputy editor. James, 35, has spent the last year as a freelance journalist for the likes of Caterer & Hotelkeeper, Harpers Wine & Spirit and Imbibe. He was previously deputy news editor at The Publican for six years.
Working remotely in London, he replaces Chris Mercer, who is set to go freelance. Chris will continue with just-drinks, however, as a regular commentator on the drinks industry.
Assuming the position from 12 March, James will head up the day-to-day news and feature output, as well as dealing with freelance pitches. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting on 2 April, meanwhile, Andy Morton joins just-drinks as reporter. Andy, also 35, has just completed PMA Media Training's post-graduate diploma in magazine journalism. He has also held writing and sub-editing roles with Sydney Morning Herald, Shanghai Daily and Taipei Times.
Michelle Russell, formerly senior reporter with just-drinks, has been promoted to the news editor role at sister site just-food.
Working across all beverage sectors covered by just-drinks - beer, bottled water, soft drinks, spirits and wine - Andy will be based in just-drinks' head office in Bromsgrove.
Both James and Andy will report in to managing editor Olly Wehring.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020