Blog: just-drinks done a press release
Olly Wehring | 16 March 2012
This just hit the wires, people. Keeping you in the loop.
Editorial Team Gets Shake-Up at just-drinks
BROMSGROVE, England, March 16, 2012
just-drinks.com has recruited a new deputy editor and reporter.
just-drinks, the leading online information, insight and intelligence provider for the global drinks industry, has appointed James Wilmore to replace Chris Mercer as deputy editor. James, 35, has spent the last year as a freelance journalist for the likes of Caterer & Hotelkeeper, Harpers Wine & Spirit and Imbibe. He was previously deputy news editor at The Publican for six years.
Working remotely in London, he replaces Chris Mercer, who is set to go freelance. Chris will continue with just-drinks, however, as a regular commentator on the drinks industry.
Assuming the position from 12 March, James will head up the day-to-day news and feature output, as well as dealing with freelance pitches. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starting on 2 April, meanwhile, Andy Morton joins just-drinks as reporter. Andy, also 35, has just completed PMA Media Training's post-graduate diploma in magazine journalism. He has also held writing and sub-editing roles with Sydney Morning Herald, Shanghai Daily and Taipei Times.
Michelle Russell, formerly senior reporter with just-drinks, has been promoted to the news editor role at sister site just-food.
Working across all beverage sectors covered by just-drinks - beer, bottled water, soft drinks, spirits and wine - Andy will be based in just-drinks' head office in Bromsgrove.
Both James and Andy will report in to managing editor Olly Wehring.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research