Blog: just-drinks closed for public holiday (plus news of Kim Jong-Il)
Chris Mercer | 26 August 2011
just-drinks' virtual printing presses will halt on Monday (29 August) in honour of a public holiday here in the UK. However, to keep you amused in the interlude, here's some news on the brewing ambition of North Korea's leader.
Clearly tired of nuclear weapons, it now seems that Kim Jong-Il is turning his sights to beer. North Korea's 'dear leader' wants to build a brewery in nearby Russia, according to a report.
North Korea's leadership 'has previous' in the brewing world. Around ten years ago, Kim Jong Il acquired Ushers Brewery in the UK, shipped the parts over to North Korea and then began producing Taedong River Beer.
Other known favourites of the secretive leader include Nestle's Perrier water and Martell Cognac.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US