Blog: just-drinks closed for public holiday (plus news of Kim Jong-Il)
Chris Mercer | 26 August 2011
just-drinks' virtual printing presses will halt on Monday (29 August) in honour of a public holiday here in the UK. However, to keep you amused in the interlude, here's some news on the brewing ambition of North Korea's leader.
Clearly tired of nuclear weapons, it now seems that Kim Jong-Il is turning his sights to beer. North Korea's 'dear leader' wants to build a brewery in nearby Russia, according to a report.
North Korea's leadership 'has previous' in the brewing world. Around ten years ago, Kim Jong Il acquired Ushers Brewery in the UK, shipped the parts over to North Korea and then began producing Taedong River Beer.
Other known favourites of the secretive leader include Nestle's Perrier water and Martell Cognac.
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report