Blog: just-drinks closed for public holiday (plus news of Kim Jong-Il)
Chris Mercer | 26 August 2011
just-drinks' virtual printing presses will halt on Monday (29 August) in honour of a public holiday here in the UK. However, to keep you amused in the interlude, here's some news on the brewing ambition of North Korea's leader.
Clearly tired of nuclear weapons, it now seems that Kim Jong-Il is turning his sights to beer. North Korea's 'dear leader' wants to build a brewery in nearby Russia, according to a report.
North Korea's leadership 'has previous' in the brewing world. Around ten years ago, Kim Jong Il acquired Ushers Brewery in the UK, shipped the parts over to North Korea and then began producing Taedong River Beer.
Other known favourites of the secretive leader include Nestle's Perrier water and Martell Cognac.
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets....
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US....
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
The Coca-Cola Co has spent a lot of money recently fighting accusations that soft drinks make you fat....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research