Blog: just-drinks closed for public holiday (plus news of Kim Jong-Il)
Chris Mercer | 26 August 2011
just-drinks' virtual printing presses will halt on Monday (29 August) in honour of a public holiday here in the UK. However, to keep you amused in the interlude, here's some news on the brewing ambition of North Korea's leader.
Clearly tired of nuclear weapons, it now seems that Kim Jong-Il is turning his sights to beer. North Korea's 'dear leader' wants to build a brewery in nearby Russia, according to a report.
North Korea's leadership 'has previous' in the brewing world. Around ten years ago, Kim Jong Il acquired Ushers Brewery in the UK, shipped the parts over to North Korea and then began producing Taedong River Beer.
Other known favourites of the secretive leader include Nestle's Perrier water and Martell Cognac.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends