Blog: Just a small one?! We don't do small ones
Chris Brook-Carter | 21 June 2004
Drinks marketing is a constant source of contradiction. Just as "drinking in moderation" is the buzz phrase when it comes to advertising alcohol in the UK, retailers have successfully brought about a revolution in how we buy wine in the on-trade.
Just as in the food industry, super-sizing has arrived.
The volume of a single glass of wine served in a restaurant or pub in the UK has doubled to 250ml – the equivalent of almost half a pint - since 1999.
Only 4% of bars still use old 125ml glasses, a survey by wholesalers King UK revealed. And, how many drinkers would now feel cheated if they were served the old, "stingy" measure?
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends