Blog: Just a small one?! We don't do small ones
Chris Brook-Carter | 21 June 2004
Drinks marketing is a constant source of contradiction. Just as "drinking in moderation" is the buzz phrase when it comes to advertising alcohol in the UK, retailers have successfully brought about a revolution in how we buy wine in the on-trade.
Just as in the food industry, super-sizing has arrived.
The volume of a single glass of wine served in a restaurant or pub in the UK has doubled to 250ml – the equivalent of almost half a pint - since 1999.
Only 4% of bars still use old 125ml glasses, a survey by wholesalers King UK revealed. And, how many drinkers would now feel cheated if they were served the old, "stingy" measure?
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015