Blog: Just a small one?! We don't do small ones
Chris Brook-Carter | 21 June 2004
Drinks marketing is a constant source of contradiction. Just as "drinking in moderation" is the buzz phrase when it comes to advertising alcohol in the UK, retailers have successfully brought about a revolution in how we buy wine in the on-trade.
Just as in the food industry, super-sizing has arrived.
The volume of a single glass of wine served in a restaurant or pub in the UK has doubled to 250ml – the equivalent of almost half a pint - since 1999.
Only 4% of bars still use old 125ml glasses, a survey by wholesalers King UK revealed. And, how many drinkers would now feel cheated if they were served the old, "stingy" measure?
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends