Blog: Just a small one?! We don't do small ones
Chris Brook-Carter | 21 June 2004
Drinks marketing is a constant source of contradiction. Just as "drinking in moderation" is the buzz phrase when it comes to advertising alcohol in the UK, retailers have successfully brought about a revolution in how we buy wine in the on-trade.
Just as in the food industry, super-sizing has arrived.
The volume of a single glass of wine served in a restaurant or pub in the UK has doubled to 250ml – the equivalent of almost half a pint - since 1999.
Only 4% of bars still use old 125ml glasses, a survey by wholesalers King UK revealed. And, how many drinkers would now feel cheated if they were served the old, "stingy" measure?
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Carlsberg, Heineken, Coca-Cola Amatil, California's winelands and Cognac....
The Coca-Cola Co's Keurig Cold machine won't be out until next year. But co-developer Keurig Green Mountain has given us a taste with the unveiling this weekend of another at-home beverage platform, t...
It's a bank holiday here in the UK on Monday (25 August). just-drinks' team will be taking a well-earned lie down. ...
Poland is hardly noted for its cider consumption, but all this could be about to change. ...
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- CCA - Coca-Cola's Canary in the Mine
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- Champagne will not regain lost ground until 2018