Blog: Just a small one?! We don't do small ones
Chris Brook-Carter | 21 June 2004
Drinks marketing is a constant source of contradiction. Just as "drinking in moderation" is the buzz phrase when it comes to advertising alcohol in the UK, retailers have successfully brought about a revolution in how we buy wine in the on-trade.
Just as in the food industry, super-sizing has arrived.
The volume of a single glass of wine served in a restaurant or pub in the UK has doubled to 250ml – the equivalent of almost half a pint - since 1999.
Only 4% of bars still use old 125ml glasses, a survey by wholesalers King UK revealed. And, how many drinkers would now feel cheated if they were served the old, "stingy" measure?
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits