Blog: Jones Soda bringing home the bacon
Michelle Russell | 8 November 2010
Not one to rest on its laurels, Jones Soda has decided to top the limited-edition Turkey & Gravy Soda it launched around Thanksgiving a few years ago with a new bacon-flavoured soda.
So, when you're feeling too lazy to whip up a bacon sandwich in the morning, Jones is recommending you pop a bottle and just drink bacon instead.
Not sold yet?
The concoction was created in partnership with J&D Foods, the maker of bacon flavoured products, to give its customers "the flavours they love", and they clearly love bacon.
"Nailing the flavour was tough," J&D Foods owner Justin Esch told AOL News. "We didn't want pot roast, we didn't want pork tenderloin, we wanted bacon," he said.
And, next comes the quote of the week: "The drink started out tasting more like ham than pork," said Esch.
For those of you that are sold, you can purchase a fancy gift pack comprising of two bottles of soda, bacon salt, bacon gravy, bacon popcorn and bacon lip balm. That's a whole lotta pig for US$9.99.
Available at myjones.com/store and store.baconsalt.com while stocks last....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research