Blog: Jones Soda bringing home the bacon
Michelle Russell | 8 November 2010
Not one to rest on its laurels, Jones Soda has decided to top the limited-edition Turkey & Gravy Soda it launched around Thanksgiving a few years ago with a new bacon-flavoured soda.
So, when you're feeling too lazy to whip up a bacon sandwich in the morning, Jones is recommending you pop a bottle and just drink bacon instead.
Not sold yet?
The concoction was created in partnership with J&D Foods, the maker of bacon flavoured products, to give its customers "the flavours they love", and they clearly love bacon.
"Nailing the flavour was tough," J&D Foods owner Justin Esch told AOL News. "We didn't want pot roast, we didn't want pork tenderloin, we wanted bacon," he said.
And, next comes the quote of the week: "The drink started out tasting more like ham than pork," said Esch.
For those of you that are sold, you can purchase a fancy gift pack comprising of two bottles of soda, bacon salt, bacon gravy, bacon popcorn and bacon lip balm. That's a whole lotta pig for US$9.99.
Available at myjones.com/store and store.baconsalt.com while stocks last....
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report