Blog: Jones Soda bringing home the bacon
Michelle Russell | 8 November 2010
Not one to rest on its laurels, Jones Soda has decided to top the limited-edition Turkey & Gravy Soda it launched around Thanksgiving a few years ago with a new bacon-flavoured soda.
So, when you're feeling too lazy to whip up a bacon sandwich in the morning, Jones is recommending you pop a bottle and just drink bacon instead.
Not sold yet?
The concoction was created in partnership with J&D Foods, the maker of bacon flavoured products, to give its customers "the flavours they love", and they clearly love bacon.
"Nailing the flavour was tough," J&D Foods owner Justin Esch told AOL News. "We didn't want pot roast, we didn't want pork tenderloin, we wanted bacon," he said.
And, next comes the quote of the week: "The drink started out tasting more like ham than pork," said Esch.
For those of you that are sold, you can purchase a fancy gift pack comprising of two bottles of soda, bacon salt, bacon gravy, bacon popcorn and bacon lip balm. That's a whole lotta pig for US$9.99.
Available at myjones.com/store and store.baconsalt.com while stocks last....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring The Coca-Cola Co and Monster Beverage Corp, Constellation Brands, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Australia's wine producers....
UK brewer Timothy Taylor is back in the headlines after winning 'Champion Beer of Britain' at the Great British Beer Festival (GBBF) today. ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Guinness, Campari, Vitaminwater and Treasury Wine Estates....
Last week C&C Group wasn't best pleased when Polish advertising laws banned it from using it Magners logo on Celtic Football Club's kit for the team's Champions League qualifying match against Legia W...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat