Blog: Jones Soda bringing home the bacon
Michelle Russell | 8 November 2010
Not one to rest on its laurels, Jones Soda has decided to top the limited-edition Turkey & Gravy Soda it launched around Thanksgiving a few years ago with a new bacon-flavoured soda.
So, when you're feeling too lazy to whip up a bacon sandwich in the morning, Jones is recommending you pop a bottle and just drink bacon instead.
Not sold yet?
The concoction was created in partnership with J&D Foods, the maker of bacon flavoured products, to give its customers "the flavours they love", and they clearly love bacon.
"Nailing the flavour was tough," J&D Foods owner Justin Esch told AOL News. "We didn't want pot roast, we didn't want pork tenderloin, we wanted bacon," he said.
And, next comes the quote of the week: "The drink started out tasting more like ham than pork," said Esch.
For those of you that are sold, you can purchase a fancy gift pack comprising of two bottles of soda, bacon salt, bacon gravy, bacon popcorn and bacon lip balm. That's a whole lotta pig for US$9.99.
Available at myjones.com/store and store.baconsalt.com while stocks last....
It has been about two years since Heineken sponsored the 23rd James Bond movie, Skyfall. Remember when the brewer scored a huge marketing coup by arranging a scene in which the British super spy takes...
Part of a sainted tradition or a waste of a perfectly good whisky? That was the question some may have been asking when Queen Elizabeth II launched the Royal Navy's newest vessel in Scotland today (4 ...
Insomniac radio listeners may have heard me on the BBC World Service this morning, discussing the launch of baijiu in the US....
Check out this infographic courtesy of FinancesOnline.com, which looks at the state of beer brands and prices around the world....
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Comment - SABMiller and Diageo: A Tie-Up Too Far
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- SABMiller launches Grolsch in a jar - video