Blog: Jones Soda bringing home the bacon
Michelle Russell | 8 November 2010
Not one to rest on its laurels, Jones Soda has decided to top the limited-edition Turkey & Gravy Soda it launched around Thanksgiving a few years ago with a new bacon-flavoured soda.
So, when you're feeling too lazy to whip up a bacon sandwich in the morning, Jones is recommending you pop a bottle and just drink bacon instead.
Not sold yet?
The concoction was created in partnership with J&D Foods, the maker of bacon flavoured products, to give its customers "the flavours they love", and they clearly love bacon.
"Nailing the flavour was tough," J&D Foods owner Justin Esch told AOL News. "We didn't want pot roast, we didn't want pork tenderloin, we wanted bacon," he said.
And, next comes the quote of the week: "The drink started out tasting more like ham than pork," said Esch.
For those of you that are sold, you can purchase a fancy gift pack comprising of two bottles of soda, bacon salt, bacon gravy, bacon popcorn and bacon lip balm. That's a whole lotta pig for US$9.99.
Available at myjones.com/store and store.baconsalt.com while stocks last....
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"