Blog: Job vacancies open up in Scotch Whisky
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 July 2005
The battle of the whisky distillers has a novel new sub-competition.
Six workers at Morrison Bowmore Distillers in Glasgow have won GBP15m on the National Lottery. The six, who scooped GBP2.5m each, work in the bottling hall at the Springburn plant. The win shades the lottery prize picked up by seven workers from Chivas Brothers, who picked up GBP2.4m in May last year.
Bottling line supervisor Isabell Devlin said: “I had to go in to work and keep it a secret from the others in case I’d got it wrong.”
Earlier this year, LVMH picked up Glenmorangie for GBP300m. So another 20 or so wins like this, and we could see a brand new competitor in the Scotch whisky category.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends