Blog: Job vacancies open up in Scotch Whisky
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 July 2005
The battle of the whisky distillers has a novel new sub-competition.
Six workers at Morrison Bowmore Distillers in Glasgow have won GBP15m on the National Lottery. The six, who scooped GBP2.5m each, work in the bottling hall at the Springburn plant. The win shades the lottery prize picked up by seven workers from Chivas Brothers, who picked up GBP2.4m in May last year.
Bottling line supervisor Isabell Devlin said: “I had to go in to work and keep it a secret from the others in case I’d got it wrong.”
Earlier this year, LVMH picked up Glenmorangie for GBP300m. So another 20 or so wins like this, and we could see a brand new competitor in the Scotch whisky category.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends