Blog: Job vacancies open up in Scotch Whisky
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 July 2005
The battle of the whisky distillers has a novel new sub-competition.
Six workers at Morrison Bowmore Distillers in Glasgow have won GBP15m on the National Lottery. The six, who scooped GBP2.5m each, work in the bottling hall at the Springburn plant. The win shades the lottery prize picked up by seven workers from Chivas Brothers, who picked up GBP2.4m in May last year.
Bottling line supervisor Isabell Devlin said: “I had to go in to work and keep it a secret from the others in case I’d got it wrong.”
Earlier this year, LVMH picked up Glenmorangie for GBP300m. So another 20 or so wins like this, and we could see a brand new competitor in the Scotch whisky category.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends