Blog: Job vacancies open up in Scotch Whisky
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 July 2005
The battle of the whisky distillers has a novel new sub-competition.
Six workers at Morrison Bowmore Distillers in Glasgow have won GBP15m on the National Lottery. The six, who scooped GBP2.5m each, work in the bottling hall at the Springburn plant. The win shades the lottery prize picked up by seven workers from Chivas Brothers, who picked up GBP2.4m in May last year.
Bottling line supervisor Isabell Devlin said: “I had to go in to work and keep it a secret from the others in case I’d got it wrong.”
Earlier this year, LVMH picked up Glenmorangie for GBP300m. So another 20 or so wins like this, and we could see a brand new competitor in the Scotch whisky category.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends