Blog: Job vacancies open up in Scotch Whisky
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 July 2005
The battle of the whisky distillers has a novel new sub-competition.
Six workers at Morrison Bowmore Distillers in Glasgow have won GBP15m on the National Lottery. The six, who scooped GBP2.5m each, work in the bottling hall at the Springburn plant. The win shades the lottery prize picked up by seven workers from Chivas Brothers, who picked up GBP2.4m in May last year.
Bottling line supervisor Isabell Devlin said: “I had to go in to work and keep it a secret from the others in case I’d got it wrong.”
Earlier this year, LVMH picked up Glenmorangie for GBP300m. So another 20 or so wins like this, and we could see a brand new competitor in the Scotch whisky category.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends